Programmaticaly setting printer page properties
Author Message
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties

Some one know how to change printer page height, without manually interact
with printer driver ? i.e. A4 to B5 etc.

Thanks

Enrico De Angelis
AutoSoft S.r.l.
Italy

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:28:37 GMT
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties
you can access the report with a use..
"use report.frx"
see the record #1... fields tag and tag2

before calling your report .. :
USE report.frx
REPLACE [...] && anything you have to replace..
USE

is it works ?? (i never tried...)
Pat

Quote:
> Some one know how to change printer page height, without manually interact
> with printer driver ? i.e. A4 to B5 etc.

> Thanks

> Enrico De Angelis
> AutoSoft S.r.l.
> Italy

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:13:27 GMT
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties
I can't. I have to print from DBS  textControl, a good editor ocx.I havent a
report to print.
So I have to change phisically printer driver setting. No one know how to
use SetPrinter Api ?? Seem that this function can interact with Page Height
and Page Width !!.

Enrico

Quote:
> you can access the report with a use..
> "use report.frx"
> see the record #1... fields tag and tag2

> before calling your report .. :
> USE report.frx
> REPLACE [...] && anything you have to replace..
> USE

> is it works ?? (i never tried...)
> Pat

> > Some one know how to change printer page height, without manually
interact
> > with printer driver ? i.e. A4 to B5 etc.

> > Thanks

> > Enrico De Angelis
> > AutoSoft S.r.l.
> > Italy

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:38:39 GMT
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties
ok..
so you can use API..
import function(s) from a dll with DECLARE..
i don't know which API.. and/or DLL..
maybe you can find it in MSDN ?!

Pat

Quote:
> I can't. I have to print from DBS  textControl, a good editor ocx.I havent
> report to print.
> So I have to change phisically printer driver setting. No one know how to
> use SetPrinter Api ?? Seem that this function can interact with Page
Height
> and Page Width !!.

> Enrico

> > you can access the report with a use..
> > "use report.frx"
> > see the record #1... fields tag and tag2

> > before calling your report .. :
> > USE report.frx
> > REPLACE [...] && anything you have to replace..
> > USE

> > is it works ?? (i never tried...)
> > Pat

> > > Some one know how to change printer page height, without manually
> interact
> > > with printer driver ? i.e. A4 to B5 etc.

> > > Thanks

> > > Enrico De Angelis
> > > AutoSoft S.r.l.
> > > Italy

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:17:36 GMT
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties

I tried GetPrinter Api but it seems not work correctly !!? I receive a to
many parameters !?
Peraps there is a conflict with VP GetPrinter() function !? I tried also
using AS costruct to rename the declared API without success. I verified the
number of parameters they are correctly 5 !?

No One know an Ocx or Dll to set the printer properties in a simple way ??

Enrico

Quote:
> ok..
> so you can use API..
> import function(s) from a dll with DECLARE..
> i don't know which API.. and/or DLL..
> maybe you can find it in MSDN ?!

> Pat

> > I can't. I have to print from DBS  textControl, a good editor ocx.I
havent
> > report to print.
> > So I have to change phisically printer driver setting. No one know how
> > use SetPrinter Api ?? Seem that this function can interact with Page
> Height
> > and Page Width !!.

> > Enrico

> > > you can access the report with a use..
> > > "use report.frx"
> > > see the record #1... fields tag and tag2

> > > before calling your report .. :
> > > USE report.frx
> > > REPLACE [...] && anything you have to replace..
> > > USE

> > > is it works ?? (i never tried...)
> > > Pat

> > interact

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:07:44 GMT
 Programmaticaly setting printer page properties

Hi,

You should go to UT (www.universalthread.com ) and look for struct - It is a
very nice and well documented code to allow easy API access. Even more, it
comes with some samples, and some of them are directly related to printer
API. Take a look ind see if it helps you.

I've used it to get a Printer HDC, to print a RTF, and it works great.

Good luck

Bogdan

Quote:
> I tried GetPrinter Api but it seems not work correctly !!? I receive a to
> many parameters !?
> Peraps there is a conflict with VP GetPrinter() function !? I tried also
> using AS costruct to rename the declared API without success. I verified
the
> number of parameters they are correctly 5 !?

> No One know an Ocx or Dll to set the printer properties in a simple way ??

> Enrico

> > ok..
> > so you can use API..
> > import function(s) from a dll with DECLARE..
> > i don't know which API.. and/or DLL..
> > maybe you can find it in MSDN ?!

> > Pat

> > > I can't. I have to print from DBS  textControl, a good editor ocx.I
> havent
> > > report to print.
> > > So I have to change phisically printer driver setting. No one know how
> > > use SetPrinter Api ?? Seem that this function can interact with Page
> > Height
> > > and Page Width !!.

> > > Enrico

> > > interact

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:20:36 GMT

1. Setting printer programmaticaly

2. Setting user defined page size printer settings

3. setting dataenvironment programmaticaly

4. How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer

5. Page Paging Web Data Sets?

6. How to set NULL property to OFF in creating DSN programmaticaly?

7. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

8. Printing using set device to and set printer on

9. VFP use setting of default printer for all printers - help

10. SET PRINTER TO NAME doesn't necessarily send reports to the correct printer

11. How to set a printer as a default printer using VFP

12. SET PRINTER TO \\machine\printer