Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network
Author Message
 Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network

I have an app written in VFP5 (no SP applied) and it runs on
a NetWare 4.1 network. Recently I found a problem that our
REPORT FORM document do not print on my HP laser printer (connected
to a HP print server) unless I exit the app manually. In the Win95
printer object I see the status of my print job remain "spooling".
More worse sometimes the app do not print at all. Do u know what's
wrong?

Many thanks.

Gary Tse

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network

If you go into ContolPanel/Printers/Properties/Details what are your
timeout settings?  What are your spool settings?  Do you print directly
or wait till job completes?  There is a Capture and Endcapture command
buttons and port setting you may want to check too.

Quote:

> I have an app written in VFP5 (no SP applied) and it runs on
> a NetWare 4.1 network. Recently I found a problem that our
> REPORT FORM document do not print on my HP laser printer (connected
> to a HP print server) unless I exit the app manually. In the Win95
> printer object I see the status of my print job remain "spooling".
> More worse sometimes the app do not print at all. Do u know what's
> wrong?

> Many thanks.

> Gary Tse

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:
>I have an app written in VFP5 (no SP applied) and it runs on
>a NetWare 4.1 network. Recently I found a problem that our
>REPORT FORM document do not print on my HP laser printer (connected
>to a HP print server) unless I exit the app manually. In the Win95
>printer object I see the status of my print job remain "spooling".
>More worse sometimes the app do not print at all. Do u know what's
>wrong?

I bet this HP laser printer is the only networked printer on your network (or
the others will display the same problem when tested).
You need to tell print server that you're through using printer (for now), i.e.
that your print job has been finished.  In FP{D,W} it was accomplished by
putting two SET PRINTER TO commands after report or setting AUTOENDCAP clause in
CAPTURE command with TIMEOUT.  Try the first solution in VFP - should work.

Quote:
>Many thanks.

Any time.

[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. (Network) "Printer Not Found" Novell/Win95

2. MEMORY PROBLEM W/ FPD ON A NOVELL NETWORK

3. Problems with TABLEUPDATE on Novell Network.

4. Novell 3.11 User ID capture??

5. FoxPro 2.0, Novell CAPTURE and NT 4.0

6. Foxpro 2.6 DOS Crashing after a Novell capture command

7. Problem setting Network Printer in FoxPro 2.5 for DOS

8. Problem with CopyFile to PRN: for network printer

9. Network Printer problem

10. FPD2.6 Network Printer Problem

11. Problem Printing to Network Printer

12. Multiple Network Printers Problem