VFP5 to VFP3
Author Message
 VFP5 to VFP3

Does anyone know of a utility to take VFP5 or VFP6 files and convert them to
VFP3?  Specifically I'm looking to downgrade a project from VFP5 to VFP3.

- Rick C. Hodgin

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP5 to VFP3
Rick,

Assuming it doesn't use any commands/functionality that is in 5 that doesn't
exist in 3 then you just need to recompile.

But I have to ask ... why would you want to do this? VFP3 was buggy and
slow.

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a utility to take VFP5 or VFP6 files and convert them
> VFP3?  Specifically I'm looking to downgrade a project from VFP5 to VFP3.

> - Rick C. Hodgin

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP5 to VFP3

Quote:
> Assuming it doesn't use any commands/functionality that is in 5 that
doesn't
> exist in 3 then you just need to recompile.

> But I have to ask ... why would you want to do this? VFP3 was buggy and
> slow.

The company does not have VFP5 licenses.  They have VFP3 licenses and they
do not want to get into a legal battle.  The former software designers that
I inherited this job from were developing their system in 5.

I need to convert the project from VFP5 to VFP3, including all forms,
reports, etc.

- Rick C. Hodgin

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Upgrading VFP3.0 screens to VFP5.0 screens

2. VFP3 to VFP5

3. VFP3.0 and VFP5.0 (SQL error)

4. somes question about vfp3 , vfp5 et NT

5. Upgrading from VFP3.0 to VFP5.0

6. VFP3.0 -> VFP5

7. VFP5.0 file conversion to VFP3.0

8. Installshield launching VFP3 and vfp5 exe

9. Converting VFP3 - VFP5

10. use vfp3 or vfp5

11. VFP3 to VFP5

12. VFP3 or VFP5?