Jazzing up the application interface
Author Message
 Jazzing up the application interface

We are looking at changing from using a menu to having a
form with tabs and buttons for navigating through an
application. Menus we find are not very user friendly. Has
any one got button classes or activex controls to make the
interface look more modern and jazzy?

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:09:11 GMT
 Jazzing up the application interface
Hello, Bernie!
You wrote  on Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:09:11 -0800:

 BB> We are looking at changing from using a menu to having a
 BB> form with tabs and buttons for navigating through an
 BB> application. Menus we find are not very user friendly. Has
 BB> any one got button classes or activex controls to make the
 BB> interface look more modern and jazzy?

Check this:
http://www.vfpskin.com.ar

Personally, I always try to respect the user's Windows settings for fonts,
fontsizes and colors etc.
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:19:06 GMT
 Jazzing up the application interface

Quote:
> http://www.vfpskin.com.ar

Neat idea.  Too bad you would end up with a fancy-schmancy
border on your forms, but all the controls would still
be the old, clunky windows controls.  Can you say
"Interface Clash"?

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:19:18 GMT
 Jazzing up the application interface

Quote:
> Personally, I always try to respect the user's Windows settings for fonts,
> fontsizes and colors etc.

i second Eric advise... what about accessibility ? color blind ?

Tell your user to turn XP and to download all the jazzy themes they wish ;)

just my 2%
Fred

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:25:35 GMT
 Jazzing up the application interface
I was really after an activex round/oval button or
something like that to use instead of the basic command
button class.
Quote:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:46:26 GMT
 Jazzing up the application interface

Quote:
> I was really after an activex round/oval button or
> something like that to use instead of the basic command
> button class.

I have a button class that acts like a Java rollover
and can be any graphic.  Only problem is that it
uses a timer on the form.  Works quite well, though
and is a welcome departure from the stale, grey
buttons.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:10:42 GMT

1. Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?

2. VFP Interface with Another Vendors Application

3. Art and all that Jazz: dave cares the spoon against hers and weekly shouts

4. VFox, Excel, ODBC and all that jazz................

5. Pop Ups with Icons

6. VFP & UPS/FedEx

7. COM for APC UPS

8. Printing UPS barcodes/maxicodes/bullet codes

9. ups shipping program

10. UPS Online Tracking - XML

11. lock-ups in W98, on NT4 network?

12. how to compile application become unicode application