Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message
Author Message
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message

While rebuilding an application I got the Not A Table Error Message
but I can't find where it is coming from.  I am converting from
Foxbase and I create dynamic temp databases along the way. Everything
compiles clean, but if I run the project builder to build an
application or exe or just build a project I get this cryptic message.
Suggestions on tracking it down?
I already opened all my major databases in VFP and updated the code
page.

Ralph

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 02:51:50 GMT
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message
Since in VFP pretty much everything is a table (including .FRX, .VCX, SCX
etc..) Try opening your forms,libraries,reports and see if you get that
message.

Quote:
> While rebuilding an application I got the Not A Table Error Message
> but I can't find where it is coming from.  I am converting from
> Foxbase and I create dynamic temp databases along the way. Everything
> compiles clean, but if I run the project builder to build an
> application or exe or just build a project I get this cryptic message.
> Suggestions on tracking it down?
> I already opened all my major databases in VFP and updated the code
> page.

> Ralph

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 03:40:03 GMT
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message
Sounds like the project file itself is corrupt. Erase and rebuild if you
can.
-Lew

Quote:
> While rebuilding an application I got the Not A Table Error Message
> but I can't find where it is coming from.  I am converting from
> Foxbase and I create dynamic temp databases along the way. Everything
> compiles clean, but if I run the project builder to build an
> application or exe or just build a project I get this cryptic message.
> Suggestions on tracking it down?
> I already opened all my major databases in VFP and updated the code
> page.

> Ralph

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:34:28 GMT
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message

Quote:
> While rebuilding an application I got the Not A Table Error Message
> but I can't find where it is coming from.  ......

Try
USE MyProject.PJX
If you still get the error, then the table representing the
project is corrupt. You should be able to rebuild the project
after erasing the .PJX/.PJT files.
Sometimes its possible to repair the project tables (they are
really only .dbf/.fpt equivalents) but it may be too much hassle
if too many memo's pointers in the .PJX are messed up.

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:04:39 GMT
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message
I tried deleting and rebuilding the project (and doing a USE on the
project produced no errors) with no change/luck plus now I am getting
"Unable to fine Unknown ICURSX" which is one of my public variables in
a procedure.  When I recompile the procedure I get "no compilation
errors".  Is there any way short of disabling my procedures one by one
to determine which of my free tables VFP doesn't like.  It's
frustrating getting cryptic messages that basically say an error has
been found, now you get to spend hours trying to find it because VFP
won't give you the filename of where the error occurred.

Also is there a good Foxbase/Foxpro 2.5b (DOS) to VFP 6 conversion
tool (besides the embedded one in VFP)?

Thanks,

Ralph

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 07:33:40 GMT
 Visual Foxpro 6 - Not A Table Error Message
for each o in _vfp.activeproject.files
 if inlist(JustExt(upper(o.name),'DBF','SCX','FRX','DBC','MNX')
 USE (o.name)
Endif
Next
Use

-Anders

Quote:
> I tried deleting and rebuilding the project (and doing a USE on the
> project produced no errors) with no change/luck plus now I am getting
> "Unable to fine Unknown ICURSX" which is one of my public variables in
> a procedure.  When I recompile the procedure I get "no compilation
> errors".  Is there any way short of disabling my procedures one by one
> to determine which of my free tables VFP doesn't like.  It's
> frustrating getting cryptic messages that basically say an error has
> been found, now you get to spend hours trying to find it because VFP
> won't give you the filename of where the error occurred.

> Also is there a good Foxbase/Foxpro 2.5b (DOS) to VFP 6 conversion
> tool (besides the embedded one in VFP)?

> Thanks,

> Ralph

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:31:06 GMT

1. Not a Table error is Visual FoxPro.

2. Error message - Not a table/DBF file

3. Not a Table ERROR Message

4. "Not a Table" error message

5. 'NOT A TABLE' error message

6. Error Message in Visual FoxPro 3.0 Standard

7. Word 2002 Error Message: Unable to Open Data Source using Visual FoxPro Data Base File

8. visual foxpro 3.0 table errors

9. Visual FoxPro 3 table errors

10. visual foxpro 3.0 table errors

11. Not a table/DBF message