Lotus Notes & VFP6.0
Author Message
 Lotus Notes & VFP6.0

Anyone out there have any experience with Lotus Notes and VFP6.0?

I love Notes, but it doesn't do relational dbf's well.  I also love
FPD2.6.

I have been given permission to upgrade some FPD2.6 apps to VFP6.0, a
job in itself.  We also want to put data on the web.  Since we have
Notes, we are thinking of just exporting in the data, but someone
suggested letting Notes use ODBC to read the data.  My limited
experience with ODBC was not good.  I never could get it to work
reliably, and neither could the "experts" we hired.  By the way this
was odbc with some other apps, not Notes nor VFP.

Are there other ways to put VFP data on the web?  What is entailed
with this if we want to have our own web server?  NT, IIS, etc. ?

Thanks for any help,

AL Frick

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lotus Notes & VFP6.0

Quote:

>Are there other ways to put VFP data on the web?  What is entailed
>with this if we want to have our own web server?  NT, IIS, etc. ?

Among others, you can try www.foxweb.com. It does require you to have a
webserver but requires neither nt nor iis. You could, for example, run
it off a win95 box using the freeware xitami webserver from imatix.com.

We use NT and Netscape's Suitespot server but do some testing on a w98
machine with xitami.
anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lotus Notes & VFP 7

2. COM & Lotus Notes, VFP 7 DragDrop

3. integrating Foxpro and Lotus Notes

4. Lotus Notes

5. DDE in Lotus Notes w/ Foxpro as server?

6. Integrating Fox app into Lotus Notes - HELP!

7. Exporting to Lotus Notes

8. Sending mail from foxpro via lotus notes

9. Lotus Notes and VFP

10. Comp Doc at Lotus Notes

11. FoxPro and Lotus Notes

12. Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro