No response when running VFP exe
Author Message
 No response when running VFP exe

On my development machine, my simple application runs fine.  When I build an
exe and use the setup wizard
to create install disks and install the exe on a different machine without
VFP the install runs fine but when I
try to run the application nothing happens.  A ctrl/alt/del shows the
program and when I end the process I get
a window saying "Cannot Quit Visual Foxpro".

This is a really simple application with one form with 6 controls used to
identify input and output files and copy
from one to the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sat, 14 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No response when running VFP exe
Hi Miki,

I suppose you don't use VFP's screen as your main application screen,
but your own form, defined as "as top level form" in the showwindow
property.

Is your form your project's main file in your project manager (as you
probably
know you can see it when it's in bold characters listed there) ?

If so, make sure it's modal, otherwise, when your application's main file is
a program which contains a "do form myform"-statement, (the way I mostly
do it) don't forget the "read events" statement at the end.  This is
necessa-
ry to start the eventloop.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,
Wim Huygen, Belgium

Quote:
> On my development machine, my simple application runs fine.  When I build
an
> exe and use the setup wizard
> to create install disks and install the exe on a different machine without
> VFP the install runs fine but when I
> try to run the application nothing happens.  A ctrl/alt/del shows the
> program and when I end the process I get
> a window saying "Cannot Quit Visual Foxpro".

> This is a really simple application with one form with 6 controls used to
> identify input and output files and copy
> from one to the other.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Running a VFP exe from another VFP exe

2. Icon for EXE file after running Setup.exe

3. Prob running VFP .EXE

4. Minimum memory to run a VFP-created .exe

5. Minimum memory to run a VFP-created .exe?

6. VFP generated EXE file runs, then immediately quits

7. Running a VFP exe file

8. Running VFP *.exe from windows ???

9. run vfp .exe, program alway ask to convert resource 3.0 to 5.0

10. Unwanted screen when running vfp 6 .exe

11. Running VFP *.exe from windows ???

12. Running VFP 6.0 EXE problem