VFP 5.0a Questions
Author Message
 VFP 5.0a Questions

HELP:
  Am using the VP Developer's Guide (page 368) for compiling an
application and have a menu (menu1.mpr)
and call as follows (from the Main.prg) :

SET CENTURY ON
SET DEFAULT TO C:\FOXDEV\LABELS
OPEN DATABASE C:\FOXDEV\LABELS\LABELS.DBC
USE purchaseorder IN 0
USE purchaseorder_lineitem IN 0
USE lithographers IN 0
USE canners IN 0
USE labels IN 0
USE pathdb IN 0
DO menu1.mpr
READ EVENTS

Problem is, the menus that appear are not the ones I designed in
menu1.mpr and the EXIT menu
item is not activated, even though I have assigned a PROCEDURE called
Cleanup.prg.

The 2nd problem is I am using a pageframe with 3 pages and on page3 am
attempting to set
a filter based on a combo selection.

on Combo2.InteractiveChange

SELECT LABELS
SET FILTER TO
SET FILTER TO designation = THISFORM.wizframe1.page3.combo2.value
LOCATE

When moving to combo1 I receive the following error message :
"thisform can only
be used within a method"...

.. Thanks and DOS APPS were easier ...

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0a Questions

On the first problem, do you have a modal form open when the EXIT command
is inaccessable?  If so, that's why.  When you have your menu designer
window open in VFP, go to the View menu and check over the options in the
"General options" and "Menu options" dialogs.  This may lead you to
something, also.

You're correct, DOS apps were much easier to create, but a lot less
powerful.  There is SO MUCH you can do with VFP vs Fox/DOS that it's
overwhelming.  Just don't get frustrated because the more you use it, the
greater it gets!

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

2. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

3. Question about VFP 5.0 and VFP 5.0a

4. To 5.0a or not to 5.0a, that's the question

5. Question on queries in VFP 5.0a

6. A few Questions on VFP 5.0a

7. VFP 5.0a: General Questions

8. VFP 5.0a - one more resize related question

9. DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a

10. VFP5.0a Speed question

11. FoxPro 5.0a Report questions

12. VFP5.0a speed question