running vfp with Win2000
Author Message
 running vfp with Win2000

I have an app in vfp 6.0 that was running on win 95.  I had to install it on
a win2000 machine and to install the visual studio package.

Now when I open my project with modify project command,  I receive the
error:   "Unable to find visual class library c:\mywork\wizembss.vcx

I am a returning foxpro programmer (new to visual) and am wondering if there
is something I need to do or install that I am unaware of.  I get this error
even if I open the project from the visual studio\visual foxpro folder.
Then the error is the same, but the path is just the one I am in.

Any help appreciated.

I should point out that this project was originally done in 2.6 and was
upgraded to vfp.  It retains the old table structures -- free tables--
converted forms (rather than forms newly created in visual). It has been
running for several years thru different vpf versions, so I am not sure that
this is the cause.

SM Haig

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 running vfp with Win2000
The directories that project members are being referenced from could be
different from your old machine. Do a search in Windows for that VCX file.
Then when you get the error, click on 'locate' and point it at the new
location. It should be OK from there on.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 running vfp with Win2000

It seems some forms were generated by the wizard once.
Maybe somebody missed to copy the wizard classes from
the home() dir to a project's subfolder.
So, if your Vfp98 install path is different to the other machine,
the project can't find it. Doesn't the error message offer a
seek option? Or you may want to include the location of that
classlib into the path setting at design time.

hth
-Stefan

Quote:
> I have an app in vfp 6.0 that was running on win 95.  I had to install it
on
> a win2000 machine and to install the visual studio package.

> Now when I open my project with modify project command,  I receive the
> error:   "Unable to find visual class library c:\mywork\wizembss.vcx

> I am a returning foxpro programmer (new to visual) and am wondering if
there
> is something I need to do or install that I am unaware of.  I get this
error
> even if I open the project from the visual studio\visual foxpro folder.
> Then the error is the same, but the path is just the one I am in.

> Any help appreciated.

> I should point out that this project was originally done in 2.6 and was
> upgraded to vfp.  It retains the old table structures -- free tables--
> converted forms (rather than forms newly created in visual). It has been
> running for several years thru different vpf versions, so I am not sure
that
> this is the cause.

> SM Haig

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 running vfp with Win2000

Thank you both.  I was able to search, locate and that was it.  Fox just
needed to know the new locations.  I have been using Visual Basic for 4
years now, and I am having not only to get re introduced to using the
command box, but to learning about all the changes.  I have alot ahead of
me, I'm afraid.

SMHaig

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory and CPU required to run 2 VFP sessions in Terminal Server (Win2000)

2. Fox2.6 spx running in Win2000

3. Problems running VFP7 beta1 on Win2000 - please heeelp !!!

4. Problem running foxw26 exe-file in win2000.

5. running EXE in Win2000/NT

6. Fox 2.6 running under Win2000

7. vfp 5 to win2000

8. VFP 6 works with Win2000???

9. VFP 6.0 DOS FONT issue - WIN2000

10. VFUG March 9th Internet Chat Topics Include VB, Win2000, VFP 7.0

11. VFP 3.0 Insufficient Memory on Win2000

12. Win2000 and VFP