VFP w/ SQL Server 6.5 - transactions question
Author Message
 VFP w/ SQL Server 6.5 - transactions question

We have an application in VFP using SQL Server 6.5 as the back end.
The connection object in the database has transactions set to manual,
but occasionally we are getting lock-ups in SQL on a "set
implicit_transactions on" command.  We haven't been able to figure out
where the call is coming from, and SQL Books Online says precious
little about the implications of the command.
Our server configuration has User Options set to 0, but implicit
transactions still seems to be set.
We have several triggers in SQL which SELECT, UPDATE or DELETE, and we
have tried "set implicit_transactions off" with a specific commit
transaction in these triggers, but we haven't been able to determine
if this is where it is really happening because we can't duplicate the
lock-ups consistently.
We only have a few SPT calls with SQLEXEC, but the connection
transaction shows as manual.
SQL Trace hasn't really been a lot of help, since it only shows what
happened but not what is happening or trying to happen.
I know this isn't a lot of info, but if anybody might have dealt with
this before, I would appreciate some words of wisdom :-)
TIA
Trey
Trey Walpole
"Dream no small dreams, for they have no power to move men."
-- Goethe

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Update problem with VFP 5.0 and SQL server 6.5

2. Performance with VFP 5.0 and SQL Server 6.5

3. VFP as front end for SQL Server 6.5

4. VFP 3.0, 5.0, SQL Server 6.5, VS, and a Macintosh

5. VFP 5 runing with MS SQL server 6.5

6. Update problem with VFP 5.0 and SQL SERVER 6.5

7. VFP 3.0 remote view, ODBC, SQL server 6.5 problem

8. Dr. Watson Access Violations(AV) with SQL Server 6.5

9. simulate IIF() in SQL Server 6.5

10. Visual Fox Pro to SQL Server 6.5 Upsizing problem

11. MS SQL SERVER 6.5 and FoxPro 2.5

12. Converting a FoxPro 3.0 Application To SQL Server 6.5