Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records
Author Message
 Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records

Hi Folks:

I am appending records to a table that is being displayed in a grid
and attempting to position the grid record pointer at the last
appended record as follows.

    GO BOTTOM
    APPEND BLANK
    REPLACE chkdesc WITH M.newName,chkorder WITH M.newLoc
    thisform.mygrid.setfocus
    thisform.refresh

This works fine as long as the grid row to which the appended record
will appear is currently visible in the grid.  If not, the record IS
appended but the grid pointer is positioned to the FIRST VISIBLE ROW
in the grid. What am I missing?
Ron Picker
DharmaSystems

Druid Hollow
French Creek, WV.

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records

Try using:  Thisform.mygrid.DoScroll(3)

This will force the grid to page down to the last row.

--
Henry W. Petry IV
Petry Software Group

(Remove the ~ before sending e-mail)

Quote:

>Hi Folks:

>I am appending records to a table that is being displayed in a grid
>and attempting to position the grid record pointer at the last
>appended record as follows.

>    GO BOTTOM
>    APPEND BLANK
>    REPLACE chkdesc WITH M.newName,chkorder WITH M.newLoc
>    thisform.mygrid.setfocus
>    thisform.refresh

>This works fine as long as the grid row to which the appended record
>will appear is currently visible in the grid.  If not, the record IS
>appended but the grid pointer is positioned to the FIRST VISIBLE ROW
>in the grid. What am I missing?
>Ron Picker
>DharmaSystems

>Druid Hollow
>French Creek, WV.

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Grid Record Pointer Repositioning Problem When Appending Records.

2. problem in appending record in grid

3. Arrow pointing to current record in grid

4. Pointing at a record on Grid

5. Insert record problems w/ Begin/End Transaction

6. Grids and Appending Records (vfp 3.0b)

7. Append Record in Grid

8. HELP: how to append records to a child table in a grid using down arrow

9. Problem Appended Records & Transactions with Local Views

10. Grid record source has records, but they won't display

11. Updating A Record Within A Grid (And Trying Not To Move Off Record Till Done)

12. grid activate problem , record pointer