need to speed up program execution
Author Message
 need to speed up program execution

Here's the problem:
I've got a simple mail system written in FOXPRO running on a Novell Network.
I've written a little program to count how many messages the user has
waiting for him. The entire program consist of one SQL-SELECT. If I run
this little program from within FOXPRO it takes 0.1 seconds to run. If
I compile it though, FOXPRO apparently loads all the libraries before
getting down to business. This causes the program to take between 5-8 seconds
to run b/c of all the overhead. I've tried compiling it every way I could
think of, Standalone, .FXP, .APP. Any idea how I could cut down the execution
time (significantly)?

Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:50:00 GMT

1. ups shipping program

2. ON KEY LABEL in program execution?

3. stopping further execution of program

4. Pausing Program Execution

5. Memorizing form configuration during program execution

6. How to stop program execution when calling a new form

7. Creating textboxes during program execution

8. Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.

9. Help me Speed up my Program

10. Help Speed up my Program!

11. Need help improving lookup speed.

12. Need help improving lookup speed.