No menu shortcuts created during app install
Author Message
 No menu shortcuts created during app install

I'm using VFP5.0a / SP3 / NTWrk40sp3.  I've created an executable and used
the setup wizard to create my setup files.  Although the setup wizard
prompts me for a default directory  & folder during the wizard process, the
actual installation doesn't create any folders w/ shortcuts for the
application, nor ask me if the default is Ok (I enabled the user capability
to change folders and directories during setup).  The exe then has to be run
from explorer or the CMD prompt.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 No menu shortcuts created during app install

Make sure that when the install wizard shows you the list of files included
in the install, that at least ONE of them has "PM Item" checked and the
dialog that follows from that filled in.  Otherwise it does not know what
you want put in the program group.  With VFP you can add readme files and
such easily.

--
to e-mail: remove "no-spam." from address

Quote:

>I'm using VFP5.0a / SP3 / NTWrk40sp3.  I've created an executable and used
>the setup wizard to create my setup files.  Although the setup wizard
>prompts me for a default directory  & folder during the wizard process, the
>actual installation doesn't create any folders w/ shortcuts for the
>application, nor ask me if the default is Ok (I enabled the user capability
>to change folders and directories during setup).  The exe then has to be
run
>from explorer or the CMD prompt.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Mon, 05 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 No menu shortcuts created during app install

I'll try that!

Thx...

Paul

Quote:

>Make sure that when the install wizard shows you the list of files included
>in the install, that at least ONE of them has "PM Item" checked and the
>dialog that follows from that filled in.  Otherwise it does not know what
>you want put in the program group.  With VFP you can add readme files and
>such easily.

>--
>to e-mail: remove "no-spam." from address

>>I'm using VFP5.0a / SP3 / NTWrk40sp3.  I've created an executable and used
>>the setup wizard to create my setup files.  Although the setup wizard
>>prompts me for a default directory  & folder during the wizard process,
the
>>actual installation doesn't create any folders w/ shortcuts for the
>>application, nor ask me if the default is Ok (I enabled the user
capability
>>to change folders and directories during setup).  The exe then has to be
>run
>>from explorer or the CMD prompt.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ICON not created during install of VFP application

2. Creating an EXE from a APP created by FOXAPP.APP

3. Edit menu functions in a shortcut menu

4. How to install DLL's when installing a VFP app

5. No shortcut during installation

6. Error 279 during Install process

7. Need help - msoutl32.ocx cannot register during install

8. Files installed to Windows during setup.

9. VFP 3.0: Out of memory during install

10. How do I install a shortcut to VFP application

11. menu shortcuts don't always work

12. VFP6.0 shortcut (menu) problem