Updating Master table with child data
Author Message
 Updating Master table with child data

I have an invoice table that maintains a ship from and ship to in the
following fields shipfromid, shipfromcity, shipfromstate, shipfromzip,
shipfromphone, shiptoid, shiptocity, etc.

When the user inputs the shipfromid and tabs off the field, the remaining
shipfrom fields are then populated from another table which maintains
repetitive shipto and shipfrom info.  This, of course, is accomplished by
=SEEK call in the lostfocus event.

Up until now, it really wasn't important to maintain zip code information.
Now the company is realizing that zipcodes can provide valuable domicile or
area information for searching/querying.

Now that the shipfrom/to table has been updated with zip codes, the main
table from which we are using for querys still has blank data where the zip
codes should be.

My question is this:  How can I update the main table so it will contain all
the appropriate zipcodes from those newly added into the shipfrom/to table?

************************
Remove the '123' from email address to respond directly
or, EMAIL: mrlmz 'AT' apci 'DOT' net

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating Master table with child data
SET ORDER TO shippingId IN ShipInfo

USE invoice
SET RELATION TO shipfromid INTO ShipInfo
REPLACE ALL shipfromzip WITH ShipInfo.zip

Quote:

>I have an invoice table that maintains a ship from and ship to in the
>following fields shipfromid, shipfromcity, shipfromstate, shipfromzip,
>shipfromphone, shiptoid, shiptocity, etc.

>When the user inputs the shipfromid and tabs off the field, the remaining
>shipfrom fields are then populated from another table which maintains
>repetitive shipto and shipfrom info.  This, of course, is accomplished by
>=SEEK call in the lostfocus event.

>Up until now, it really wasn't important to maintain zip code information.
>Now the company is realizing that zipcodes can provide valuable domicile or
>area information for searching/querying.

>Now that the shipfrom/to table has been updated with zip codes, the main
>table from which we are using for querys still has blank data where the zip
>codes should be.

>My question is this:  How can I update the main table so it will contain
all
>the appropriate zipcodes from those newly added into the shipfrom/to table?

>************************
>Remove the '123' from email address to respond directly
>or, EMAIL: mrlmz 'AT' apci 'DOT' net

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. updating master database with child's changes

2. How to update Master table from second table using FPD2.6a

3. View Not Updating Master Table

4. Appending data into a single master table.......Help!!!!!!!!!!

5. FP v2.x Two browse screens working in a master-child relationship

6. PRB: Refreshing child table data

7. Updating table data

8. Update table structure in forms data env.

9. Update data of 2.6FoxPro Table from VFP6

10. updating data using multi-table views

11. Cannot update data in table

12. Problem Not getting updated Table Data