I'll bet this another simple one, IDE forms parameters
Author Message
 I'll bet this another simple one, IDE forms parameters

If you have a form that is designed to be called with a parameter such as

DO FORM BigForm WITH BigData

Is there a way in the IDE to specify the parameter in the form designer so
that you can click on the ! (Run) button and run the form without having go
to the command box and type the above syntax?

Thanks,

Jeff

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 02:46:08 GMT
 I'll bet this another simple one, IDE forms parameters
No.

But you can do something like this in the init method of the form:

    IF PCOUNT() = 0
        *-- initialize whatever default value you need
    ENDIF

Dan

Quote:
> If you have a form that is designed to be called with a parameter such as

> DO FORM BigForm WITH BigData

> Is there a way in the IDE to specify the parameter in the form designer so
> that you can click on the ! (Run) button and run the form without having
go
> to the command box and type the above syntax?

> Thanks,

> Jeff

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:04:13 GMT
 I'll bet this another simple one, IDE forms parameters
Jeff,
Not that I know of, and it's especially 'distressing' in the De{*filter*}.

Rick

Quote:

> If you have a form that is designed to be called with a parameter such as

> DO FORM BigForm WITH BigData

> Is there a way in the IDE to specify the parameter in the form designer so
> that you can click on the ! (Run) button and run the form without having go
> to the command box and type the above syntax?

> Thanks,

> Jeff

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:11:40 GMT
 I'll bet this another simple one, IDE forms parameters
Quote:
>Not that I know of, and it's especially 'distressing' in the De{*filter*}.

I usually put in a test for VERSION() to see if it's VFP runtime, or development mode.
Then in development mode fire off a SUSPEND to allow me to hack the tcCustomerID property in the form :)
Not pretty, but it works for me.

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 02:11:23 GMT

1. Changing one form's properties from a different form

2. I'll pay for some help

3. Parameters passing from one from to another form

4. ide's hot keys

5. Simple Form Q's VFP 3.0

6. Simple Form Q's VFP 3.0

7. Two dbc's for one form

8. Form OK in ide but not under SBT VisionPoint

9. I know it's got to be simple, but I'm new at VFP5

10. Form OK in ide but not under SBT VisionPoint

11. FPW 2.6 'No PARAMETER statement'

12. SQLExec Error 'too few parameters'