Inheritance, ActiveX, and the TX Control
Author Message
 Inheritance, ActiveX, and the TX Control

Okay, is this a problem with what I'm doing or the TextControl?  There's a
method in the ActiveX TX control called the load method.  I can do the
following:

*  This works perfect
thisform.txControl.Load("MyFile.txt",,2)

However, if I write some code in the load method in the form as follows:

*  This is the problem, RIGHT HERE
*  The dodefault is not working
lParameters m.lcMyFile,exclusive,m.lnFormat
dodefault(m.lcMyFile,, m.lnFormat)

When I do it this way, it does not work.  Is it the ActiveX control or is it
something I'm doing wrong. My solution was to create a method and call the
method and pass the method the parameters and then run the load method from the
user defined method.

Thanks

Mike

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:44:35 GMT
 Inheritance, ActiveX, and the TX Control

The dodefault in your case refers to the VFP class "OleControl", wich does
not have a Load method.
To call the ActiveX's 'Load' method, call
THIS.Object.Load(...)

Regards,
Remus

Quote:
> Okay, is this a problem with what I'm doing or the TextControl?  There's a
> method in the ActiveX TX control called the load method.  I can do the
> following:

> *  This works perfect
> thisform.txControl.Load("MyFile.txt",,2)

> However, if I write some code in the load method in the form as follows:

> *  This is the problem, RIGHT HERE
> *  The dodefault is not working
> lParameters m.lcMyFile,exclusive,m.lnFormat
> dodefault(m.lcMyFile,, m.lnFormat)

> When I do it this way, it does not work.  Is it the ActiveX control or is
it
> something I'm doing wrong. My solution was to create a method and call the
> method and pass the method the parameters and then run the load method
from the
> user defined method.

> Thanks

> Mike

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:10:25 GMT
 Inheritance, ActiveX, and the TX Control
Ahh,

I always forget about that little detail.  I've had to do that with the
commondialog when accessing it's properties:

thisform.commondialog.object.hwnd

thanks.

Quote:
>Subject: Re: Inheritance, ActiveX, and the TX Control

>Date: 10/3/2000 11:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>The dodefault in your case refers to the VFP class "OleControl", wich does
>not have a Load method.
>To call the ActiveX's 'Load' method, call
>THIS.Object.Load(...)

>Regards,
>Remus

Mike

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. TX ActiveX Control

2. TX Control - active x controls

3. TX Control - active x controls

4. Rich Text Controls -- TX Control vs AllText

5. ActiveX inheritance

6. TX Control & Page Numbering

7. Printing in TX Text Control

8. HELP! TX Text Control

9. ANN: New TX Text Control / VisualWriter Web Site

10. HELP! picclip ActiveX control and the image control

11. Any good freeware/shareware HTML ActiveX Control?

12. Need Help: ActiveX TabStrip control won't behave