What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work
Author Message
 What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

Okay, I have three .dbf files, and i open each one, and use
SET RELA TO KEY INTO B
SET RELA TO KEY INTO C
SET SKIP TO B,C

but then I simply can't get the system to give me the right answer when I
set a fairly simple filter that draws on the files:
SELE A
SET FILTER TO B.FIELD1 = 'R' .AND. C.FIELD2 = 'Q'

What am I missing?  Surely one can set a filter that draws on information
from other, related dbfs, right?  I should not have to write a program
every time I need to set such filters, right?

Can you help me??  Thank you!!

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

Quote:

>Okay, I have three .dbf files, and i open each one, and use
>SET RELA TO KEY INTO B
>SET RELA TO KEY INTO C
>SET SKIP TO B,C
>but then I simply can't get the system to give me the right answer when I
>set a fairly simple filter that draws on the files:
>SELE A
>SET FILTER TO B.FIELD1 = 'R' .AND. C.FIELD2 = 'Q'
>What am I missing?

"ADDITIVE" after second "SET RELATION" (i.e., it should read SET RELA TO KEY
INTO C ADDITIVE)

Does it answer the question?

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

Quote:

> Okay, I have three .dbf files, and i open each one, and use
> SET RELA TO KEY INTO B
> SET RELA TO KEY INTO C
> SET SKIP TO B,C

> but then I simply can't get the system to give me the right answer when I
> set a fairly simple filter that draws on the files:
> SELE A
> SET FILTER TO B.FIELD1 = 'R' .AND. C.FIELD2 = 'Q'

> What am I missing?  Surely one can set a filter that draws on information
> from other, related dbfs, right?  I should not have to write a program
> every time I need to set such filters, right?

> Can you help me??  Thank you!!

set relation to key into c ADDITIVE

Bill

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

Quote:

>Okay, I have three .dbf files, and i open each one, and use
>SET RELA TO KEY INTO B
>SET RELA TO KEY INTO C
>SET SKIP TO B,C

>but then I simply can't get the system to give me the right answer
when I
>set a fairly simple filter that draws on the files:
>SELE A
>SET FILTER TO B.FIELD1 = 'R' .AND. C.FIELD2 = 'Q'

>What am I missing?  Surely one can set a filter that draws on
information
>from other, related dbfs, right?  I should not have to write a program
>every time I need to set such filters, right?

>Can you help me??  Thank you!!

You need to add 'ADDITIVE' on the second set relation statement,
otherwise it replaces the first.

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What's wrong with me - easy filter in 2.5 won't work

Quote:

> Okay, I have three .dbf files, and i open each one, and use
> SET RELA TO KEY INTO B
> SET RELA TO KEY INTO C
> SET SKIP TO B,C

> but then I simply can't get the system to give me the right answer when I
> set a fairly simple filter that draws on the files:
> SELE A
> SET FILTER TO B.FIELD1 = 'R' .AND. C.FIELD2 = 'Q'

> What am I missing?  Surely one can set a filter that draws on information
> from other, related dbfs, right?  I should not have to write a program
> every time I need to set such filters, right?

> Can you help me??  Thank you!!

on your second "SET RELATION..." add the word "ADDITIVE", otherwise the second one will override the first
This document prepared with 100 % recycled electrons.

http://members.aol.com/garlo2

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. what's wrong with my filter???

2. report from Foxpro 2.5 won't print in landscape under VFP6.0

3. Local View parameterized filter doesn't work

4. Why won't SQLExec work?

5. MSMAPI won't work with more than one recipient

6. My Foxpro program won't work in Windows NT 4.0 __Help__

7. VFP SetFocus Method Won't Work!

8. Why this won't work?

9. Why won't my breakpoints work!

10. List boxes in VFP 6.0 - selected property won't set in form's init

11. Sometimes CD's don't work

12. GETENV('WINDIR') does not work