Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)
Author Message
 Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)

Platform : Foxpro for Windows 2.5

Problem:

I have several GET fields which have VALID clauses which execute UDF's
when the field is exited.  My question is, how can I findout from within
the UDF (or at the point the VALID clause is executed) on which GET field
the current focus is on?  I want to be able to do different things in the
UDF depending on which GET field the focus is currently on.  I tried using
_CUROBJ, but this still gives the object number of the original GET field.

Please help

Thanks,

Shehan

Thu, 22 May 1997 16:19:56 GMT
 Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)

Quote:

>Platform : Foxpro for Windows 2.5

>Problem:

>I have several GET fields which have VALID clauses which execute UDF's
>when the field is exited.  My question is, how can I findout from
within
>the UDF (or at the point the VALID clause is executed) on which GET
field
>the current focus is on?  I want to be able to do different things in
the
>UDF depending on which GET field the focus is currently on.  I tried
using
>_CUROBJ, but this still gives the object number of the original GET
field.

>Please help

>Thanks,

>Shehan

Hi Shehan,  try using the VARREAD() function.

Hope this helps.

Brian Cleverly
Anzam Software
Sacramento  CA

Fri, 23 May 1997 15:29:59 GMT
 Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)

S>Platform : Foxpro for Windows 2.5

S>Problem:

S>I have several GET fields which have VALID clauses which execute UDF's
S>when the field is exited.  My question is, how can I findout from
S>the within UDF (or at the point the VALID clause is executed) on which
S>the GET field  current focus is on?  I want to be able to do different
S>things in the UDF depending on which GET field the focus is currently
S>on.  I tried using _CUROBJ, but this still gives the object number of
S>the original GET field.
S>Please help

S>Thanks,

S>Shehan

Have the Valid clause pass a parameter when it calls the UDF

check('FNAME')

PROCEDURE CHECK
parameter location

do case
     CASE LOCATION = 'FNAME

     other cases
endcase
return

---
* CmpQwk #UNREG* UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Sat, 24 May 1997 08:48:00 GMT
 Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)

The varread() function returns the memory variable of the current read object.
I think this sould help you out

Wed, 28 May 1997 03:25:47 GMT
 Help: Q on Get, Read and Valid (FP/W 2.5)

: S>Platform : Foxpro for Windows 2.5

: S>Problem:

: S>I have several GET fields which have VALID clauses which execute UDF's
: S>when the field is exited.  My question is, how can I findout from
: S>the within UDF (or at the point the VALID clause is executed) on which
: S>the GET field  current focus is on?  I want to be able to do different
: S>things in the UDF depending on which GET field the focus is currently
: S>on.  I tried using _CUROBJ, but this still gives the object number of
: S>the original GET field.
: S>Please help

You can use the varread() function to return the upper case name of the

: S>Shehan

: Have the Valid clause pass a parameter when it calls the UDF

: check('FNAME')

: PROCEDURE CHECK
: parameter location

: do case
:      CASE LOCATION = 'FNAME

:      other cases
: endcase
: return

: ---

Shehan,

Also, you could use the varread() function to return the current memory

Cheryl

: * CmpQwk #UNREG* UNREGISTERED EVALUATION COPY

Fri, 30 May 1997 02:35:41 GMT

1. GETTING FP TO READ SCAN SHEETS Q?

2. Indexing with FP 2.0 from FP 2.5

3. FP Mac 2.5 Printing Help Needed

4. FP 2.5 Report Writer - Need Help

5. FPW to VFP: CLEAR READ and the READ VALID clause

6. Executing Valid clause for popups in FPW 2.5

7. Getting external data (Foxpro 2.5) into SQL Server 6.5

8. Getting drive letter in Foxpro 2.5 DOS

9. Help! - Stack Overflow on NT WS 4.0

10. VALID - SHOW GETS ?

11. FPW 2.6, Field level valid not getting executed

12. Beginning user of VFP - Backward DATA compatibility with FP 2.5