ODBC & SQLConfigDataSource
Author Message
 ODBC & SQLConfigDataSource

Hi Everyone
does anyone have experience of 'SQLConfigDataSource'.
I am trying to create SQL server data sources on the fly - but with
difficulty!
I have the following code :

 ****************
 DECLARE INTEGER SQLConfigDataSource IN odbccp32.dll INTEGER,;
  INTEGER, STRING, STRING

 lcSettings =  "SERVER=(local)" + CHR(0)+;
     "DESCRIPTION=TAS SQL Data" + CHR(0)+;
     "DSN=TASSQL" + CHR(0)+;
     "DATABASE=master" + CHR(0)+;
     "UID=sa" + CHR(0)+;
     "PWD="
 ?SQLConfigDataSource(0,1,"SQL Server",lcSettings)
 ****************

 SQLConfigDataSource is allways returning 0 (swear!curse!swear!and
curse
 again!!).

 There is no sa password on my Windows 98 PC, running SQL Server
locally.
 I have tried SERVER=HAL (my SQL server name), but still no joy.
 If any Bright Spark could help I would be very grateful!

 Thanks
 Brigzy

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using SQLConfigDataSource to access mdb file via ODBC

2. SQLConfigDataSource To Create A FileDSN?

3. VFP 3.0 & ODBC (AS/400)

4. ODBC & SQL Server Conversion

5. VFP & ODBC=ERROR

6. FoxPro 2.6, ODBC & Gupta SQL