Reading binary data from a file
Author Message
 Reading binary data from a file

I am parsing a non-standard database into a VFP table. Embedded between
strings is a dos timedate stamp (as a double word) I need to input the
stamp, it will become an index field in the table I am building! I have
tried everything I can think of to get it in, with no luck at all. Any
sugestions will bo most welcome.

Lorne Gottschewski
Software Development Officer
19 Wing, CFB Comox

Sat, 22 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading binary data from a file

Lorne,

Sounds like a job for the low-level file functions. Check FOPEN() FGET(),
FGETS() and FCLOSE().

Cheers,

Andrew

Quote:

>I am parsing a non-standard database into a VFP table. Embedded between
>strings is a dos timedate stamp (as a double word) I need to input the
>stamp, it will become an index field in the table I am building! I have
>tried everything I can think of to get it in, with no luck at all. Any
>sugestions will bo most welcome.

>Lorne Gottschewski
>Software Development Officer
>19 Wing, CFB Comox

Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reading binary data from a file

Tried that long before posting, they only seem to read ascii txt, not
binary values.

Quote:
> Lorne,

> Sounds like a job for the low-level file functions. Check FOPEN() FGET(),
> FGETS() and FCLOSE().

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading binary data files

2. Reading MBF 8 byte fields from binary file

3. Reading a Binary File

4. Extract binary data from a file

5. General data type change to Memo(Binary) data type

6. How to read Binary values from registry?

7. Read data from excel file (VFP7)

8. Redux: Reading a DBC file as a data table

9. Reading the DBC file as a data table

10. Remove binary data

11. Converting to ADO with binary data

12. VFP to SQl server with binary data