VFP 5.0 Forms question
Author Message
 VFP 5.0 Forms question

This may be a stupid question but here goes anyways. I'm fairly new to
visual foxpro and I would like to know if there is a better way to create
a form from a class you have defined, without having to change the
default template. Thanks for any help in advance.

  Later,
  Bret Champoux, Systems Analyst
  Treasury Board Secretariat, MoF&CR
  387-9068

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0 Forms question

Quote:

> This may be a stupid question but here goes anyways. I'm fairly new to
> visual foxpro and I would like to know if there is a better way to create
> a form from a class you have defined, without having to change the
> default template. Thanks for any help in advance.

One way is to execute the following from the command window, or wrap it
in a utility .PRG:

 oForm = Create("myformclass")
 oForm.SaveAs("myform")
 modi form myform

Another way involves creating a form, then dragging your form class from
the toolbar, then deleting the first form, then removing the formset.

Personally, I don't create so many different forms that simply changing
the template isn't the best approach.

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0 Forms question

Quote:

> > This may be a stupid question but here goes anyways. I'm fairly new to
> > visual foxpro and I would like to know if there is a better way to create
> > a form from a class you have defined, without having to change the
> > default template. Thanks for any help in advance.

> One way is to execute the following from the command window, or wrap it
> in a utility .PRG:

>  oForm = Create("myformclass")
>  oForm.SaveAs("myform")
>  modi form myform

> Another way involves creating a form, then dragging your form class from
> the toolbar, then deleting the first form, then removing the formset.

> Personally, I don't create so many different forms that simply changing
> the template isn't the best approach.

If you're using the same template repeatedly, go to Tools/Options/Forms
and look in the Template Classes section.  You can enter ANY form
template from any class here, and it will always be called as the basic
form when you add a new form.

Barbara Paltiel

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0 Forms question

I think you meant to reply to BCHAMPOU, but in any case, his question
was how to do this _without_ going to Tools|Options|Forms.

Quote:

--

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0 Forms question

What exactly is your question?  If you create a subclass from VFP's form
class, you really haven't changed anything until you add class behavior for
*your* class.

I'm not sure that I follow your question.

Donald

Quote:
> This may be a stupid question but here goes anyways. I'm fairly new to
> visual foxpro and I would like to know if there is a better way to create
> a form from a class you have defined, without having to change the
> default template. Thanks for any help in advance.

>   Later,
>   Bret Champoux, Systems Analyst
>   Treasury Board Secretariat, MoF&CR
>   387-9068

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report form Win NT Server - NT workstation - VFP 5.0 Question

2. Moving from form to form in VFP 5.0

3. Form drop-down list box missing in Form Designer in VFP 5.0

4. Modify Form only shows half the form in VFP 5.0

5. newbie VFP 5.0 Form A Calling Form B

6. Question about VFP 5.0 and VFP 5.0a

7. Question about VFP 5.0

8. Question about VFP 5.0