Not a Fox table/DBF
Author Message
 Not a Fox table/DBF

I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now when I
do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox table/DBF'. Can
anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might have caused this? This
is in FPW26.

Thanks.

Doug Allan

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:27:39 GMT
 Not a Fox table/DBF
("cross posting" = "no no" makes it hard for YOU to get a good answer, and
others to see what's already been suggested)

First off; on the universalthread, there's a file "ATFIXDBFFPT" that works ok.
it does some basic header repairs.
next there's a util from abri.com (recover) that seems nice.
FoxFix works great, and is what I use & recommend.
if the tables are failry small when zipp'd up -- you can email them to

Quote:

>I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now when I
>do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox table/DBF'. Can
>anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might have caused this? This
>is in FPW26.

>Thanks.

>Doug Allan

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:10:28 GMT
 Not a Fox table/DBF
Hi Doug,

Did you, by any chance, use these same Tables in VFP?

Best regards,
Tom

Quote:
> I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now when
> do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox table/DBF'. Can
> anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might have caused this?
This
> is in FPW26.

> Thanks.

> Doug Allan

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:12:10 GMT
 Not a Fox table/DBF
Hi Tom.

Thanks for your reply. These files are from a client's program and I did
have the thought that maybe somebody there opened them and converted them to
VFP. I use VFP 6 here and tried opening them with VFP 6 but get the same
message, Not a Fox table/DBF.

Doug

Quote:
> Hi Doug,

> Did you, by any chance, use these same Tables in VFP?

> Best regards,
> Tom

> > I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now
when
> > do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox table/DBF'. Can
> > anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might have caused this?
> This
> > is in FPW26.

> > Thanks.

> > Doug Allan

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:03:12 GMT
 Not a Fox table/DBF

Quote:
>I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now when I
>do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox table/DBF'. Can
>anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might have caused this?

Sounds like the headers are blown. I have a utility (I think I downloaded it,
but I'm not sure), called HeadFix that will examine the headers, report any
problems it finds, and fixes them. My users had a really bad habit of rebooting
right in the middle of entering/updating records. This took care of it (along
with a few meetings with the users).
If you can't find it, contact me, and I will send you a copy.

---
Jack (I hat computrs)
(remove 'shoes' to reply via e-mail)

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 02:51:19 GMT
 Not a Fox table/DBF

Quote:
> I have an application that was running fine until just recently. Now
> when I do a DIR command, most of the tables display 'Not a Fox
> table/DBF'. Can anyone tell me how to fix these files and what might
> have caused this? This is in FPW26.

> Thanks.

> Doug Allan

Check out our Recover utility at http://www.abri.com

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:12:55 GMT

1. NOT A TABLE/DBF Fox 2.6 for Windows

2. Not a table/DBF file

3. Error message - Not a table/DBF file

4. Need help w/ Not a Table/DBF errors

5. Not a table/DBF message

6. Not a table/dbf

7. Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6

8. error 15 not a table/dbf

9. Not a table/DBF error over NT network

10. Error: Not a table/DBF

11. Not a Table/DBF errors

12. FPW26 error "Not a table/.DBF"