query for characters in a filed
Author Message
 query for characters in a filed

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way to browse for a specific field
that contains specific characters in a specific tabler.

For example.

I want to find all fields that contain a + sign in it.  I
could export all to excel and then filter, but that is
cumbersome.  If the field is called ADDR and the table is
PODET, what could I type in the command window to find all
records that meet the criteria?

Thank you for your help
John Lloyd
856-691-1697 ex 28

Thu, 01 Sep 2005 03:11:55 GMT
 query for characters in a filed
To simply see the records where Addr has a "+" in it:

*!* USE Podet IN 0
*!* SELECT Podet
BROW FOR "+" $ Addr

To retrieve the records out of the table:
SELECT * FROM Podet ;
    WHERE "+" $ Addr ;
    INTO CURSOR AddrsWithPluses
*!* COPY TO ....

> I am trying to find a way to browse for a specific field
> that contains specific characters in a specific tabler.
> For example.

> I want to find all fields that contain a + sign in it.  I
> could export all to excel and then filter, but that is
> cumbersome.  If the field is called ADDR and the table is
> PODET, what could I type in the command window to find all
> records that meet the criteria?

Thu, 01 Sep 2005 04:09:11 GMT
 query for characters in a filed
Thank you for you r assistance,..
Quote:

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:25:15 GMT

1. query only finds last characters in field?!

2. Character replace by undefined character

3. character replace by undefined character

4. PRINTING TO A 512 CHARACTER FILE?

5. fox can't read mystery character fields in some clipper files completely

6. How to set the width of the text string in text file to 350 characters

7. 500 character file.

8. VFP 30 help file query

9. QUERY ENGINES - STAND-A-LONE VERSIONS MULTI-FILE

10. QUERY to find recs not in other file

11. Queries on a Fox Pro DBF file resting on a UNIX machine

12. binary files, how to fill and query?