Print preview problems running XP
Author Message
 Print preview problems running XP

We are both Fox 2.6 for Windows and VFox applications at
work.

We recently started replacing machines with Win Xp Pro boxes.

Whenever the XP Pro user looks at the report output in
Print Preview mode most of the text looks washed out or
dimmed.  We have tried changing resolution, video drivers
and even compatability modes.

Can anyone make give me ANY OTHER suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time

Randy

Mon, 09 May 2005 12:26:08 GMT
 Print preview problems running XP
The speed of the hardware acceleration, in the
display->settings->Advanced->Performance.

Quote:
> We are both Fox 2.6 for Windows and VFox applications at
> work.

> We recently started replacing machines with Win Xp Pro boxes.

> Whenever the XP Pro user looks at the report output in
> Print Preview mode most of the text looks washed out or
> dimmed.  We have tried changing resolution, video drivers
> and even compatability modes.

> Can anyone make give me ANY OTHER suggestions?

> Thank you in advance for your time

> Randy

Tue, 17 May 2005 18:07:03 GMT
 Print preview problems running XP
Thanks for the suggestion Mike ... it didn't fix my
problem though.  I kept bumping down the hardware
acceleration to the very lowest setting and the problem
still exists.

I also noticed that some of my print previews seem
extremely small.  It almost seems like I should zoom to
200% for some reason.  Of course, in VFox 5 that isn't an
option in preview mode.

Again, these problems are only happening on my XP Pro
machines.  My Win95SR2, Win98, WinNT, WinME boxes all
display properly.

Again, ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Quote:

Mon, 23 May 2005 22:10:59 GMT
 Print preview problems running XP
This might help. It shows you how to bypass the 100% maximum in a report
preview. (It was publish recently in FoxPro Advisor)
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?spid=184&newpid=184&sfid=2636&CFID=5...
&CFTOKEN=13849697

Quote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Mike ... it didn't fix my
> problem though.  I kept bumping down the hardware
> acceleration to the very lowest setting and the problem
> still exists.

> I also noticed that some of my print previews seem
> extremely small.  It almost seems like I should zoom to
> 200% for some reason.  Of course, in VFox 5 that isn't an
> option in preview mode.

> Again, these problems are only happening on my XP Pro
> machines.  My Win95SR2, Win98, WinNT, WinME boxes all
> display properly.

> Again, ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

> Randy

Tue, 24 May 2005 02:45:37 GMT

1. FPW 2.5 Print in COM1 does not run in Windows XP

2. form display problem: VFP 7.0 app running on XP from W2000 Server

3. Print Preview at run-time

4. Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0

5. Problem previewing Report and Labels run from a Form

6. - How to display Print Preview bar when previewing IN DESKTOP

7. Print Preview problem

8. Report Print Preview Problem

9. Print preview display problem

10. Print preview problem in Windows Foxpro2.5

11. Print Preview Problem

12. Print Preview Problem