Referring to property within select statement in list/combo box rowsource
Author Message
 Referring to property within select statement in list/combo box rowsource

Hi
I am trying to use a conditional select statement to populate a listbox

"select cls_id .. from .. where subject=this.parent.s_val order "

you get the idea.
Using the above gets you the error 'This,Thisformset,Thisform can only be
used within a method'
Ok you can use a public variable but this is Messy!!! I don't like too many
public variables in the system - since this is a class it can have more than
one instance on a form!!
I have tried creating a reference to the property in the init method of the
listbox e.g. reftopar=This.parent and use 'subject = reftopar.s_val' in the
select. at least multiple instances will use the correct value This works if
the variable is public but until this reference is released any form
containing the control is not closed. I tried putting the 'release reftopar'
in the destroy method of the listbox but this doesn't fire until after the
reference is released - i think the destroy(destructor) methods fire from
out to in.
I assumed that whenever the listbox is populated that the requery method was
used and so I defined the reference in the requery method called the parents
requery and destroyed the variable but when it ran the SQL_column not found
error appeared before the requery method was called - does FoxPro use a
different method to populate the box initially?
Which method is best (of the ones that work) Am I missing something obvious
here ??

Nik

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Referring to property within select statement in list/combo box rowsource

2. SQL statement too long for RowSource property....

3. SQL statement too long for RowSource property....

4. Appropiate event for reruning a combos rowsource′s SQL-statement

5. List boxes in VFP 6.0 - selected property won't set in form's init

6. Query as rowsource in combo list

7. referring to combo box columns

8. Combo Box with style property set to dropdown combo

9. SQL RowSource for List Box in VFP 5.0A

10. Combo boxes with rowsource 2

11. SQL RowSource For List Box in VFP 5.0A

12. Adding a Heading for Combo/List box Drop Down list