Y2K Question
Author Message
 Y2K Question

Using VFP 5.0a.

I'm writing an application in which SET CENTRY is OFF and the Load event of
my form class contains SET CENTURTY TO 19 ROLLOVER 80.

The format in my textbox date class is D. Dateformat is 1 - American and
StrictDate is 1 - Strict.

At runtime,  dates in the 20th century appear as mm/dd/yy. However, dates in
the 21st century appear as mm/dd/yyyy.

How do I limit 21st century dates to mm/dd/yy?

Thanks.

Mike

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K Question
Actually, Michael, I think you are making a design mistake by relegating dates
to different formats for 2 different centuries.

Changing the date display is upsetting to users. Remember that people who use
the application use it regularly. The become accustomed to certain formats.

Also, you would be well to to SET CENTURY ON , SET ROLLOVER ... in your
main.prg. That way the display remains consistent throughout.

Suggestion: A good book on interfaces is "About Face" by Alan Cooper. One of his
guiding priciples is: "Don't do it JUST because you CAN..."

best...

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim, President
PC Software, INC  - Visual Foxpro Application Development

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Another Y2K Question

2. Y2K Question

3. Y2K Question: ON CURRENT event???

4. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

5. y2k fix for Fox 2.5,6

6. Foxpro Advisor Y2K Solution for 2.6

7. Y2K Conversion

8. Please HELP - Y2K