will I never get a horiz. scrollbar in my life?
Author Message
 will I never get a horiz. scrollbar in my life?

Hi,
I'm using the MS Rich Textbox SP4 Control because I have been told that
it supports both vertical and horizontal scrollbars. I selected the
option "BOTH" in the scrollbars property of the control, but it shows
ONLY the vertical scrollbar, and my file has more columns than my
RichTextBox is wide so it cuts the lines, too, the same as a stupid editbox!
Why doesn't it show the horizontal bar?
I must be missing something, I 'm sure, but what?

I'm using VFP6 SP5 on a W2K box.

TIA,
     Villi

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:07:45 GMT
 will I never get a horiz. scrollbar in my life?
Look in your FoxPro home folder for a solutions folder.  you should find a
solutions app

DO (HOME(2) + 'solution\solution')

you will find a sample use of the richtextbox control.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm using the MS Rich Textbox SP4 Control because I have been told that
> it supports both vertical and horizontal scrollbars. I selected the
> option "BOTH" in the scrollbars property of the control, but it shows
> ONLY the vertical scrollbar, and my file has more columns than my
> RichTextBox is wide so it cuts the lines, too, the same as a stupid
editbox!
> Why doesn't it show the horizontal bar?
> I must be missing something, I 'm sure, but what?

> I'm using VFP6 SP5 on a W2K box.

> TIA,
>      Villi

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:56:22 GMT
 will I never get a horiz. scrollbar in my life?

Quote:

> Look in your FoxPro home folder for a solutions folder.  you should find a
> solutions app

> DO (HOME(2) + 'solution\solution')

> you will find a sample use of the richtextbox control.

Thanks, I found it, but that Rich textBox doesn't use scrollbars. If I
set the scrollbars property of the RTbox to "3 - Both", I only get the
usual vertical scrollbar. Useless to say, I'm using a txt file with LONG
lines (like 170 and more chars).
I still have to see a horizontal scrollbar in VFP 6.

I'll continue to try to find a workaround, anyway...

        Villi

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:25:38 GMT
 will I never get a horiz. scrollbar in my life?
Thanks for you help, I finally have it working!
It was the rightmargin property which had to be set correctly, for the
scrollbar to work.

        Villi

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:35:32 GMT

1. Prevent horiz. grid scroll

2. WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THE SERVICE

3. I need a FoxPro job near Indianapolis, IN - willing to relocate if necessary

4. Commtools Help - willing to pay

5. Life of array

6. $$$ READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE $$$

7. For the best golfing experience of your life !

8. Life of vfp

9. VFP Life and Windows ME

10. ODBC stuff changing your life??!!

11. Life cycle of VFP Form ?