synchronising time between workstations
Author Message
 synchronising time between workstations

Hi,

is there some function to get the date and time from another workstation on
the network?

I want to get it so I can set the same date and time for a set of
workstations

thanks

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 23:59:37 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations
Visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ for software to sync your system to
the world atomic clock.

later,

Tim McKay

Quote:
> Hi,

> is there some function to get the date and time from another workstation
on
> the network?

> I want to get it so I can set the same date and time for a set of
> workstations

> thanks

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:15:43 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations
Hi!

net time \\computername / set

Good luck!

Quote:
> Hi,

> is there some function to get the date and time from another workstation
on
> the network?

> I want to get it so I can set the same date and time for a set of
> workstations

> thanks

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:31:00 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations

For a very fine solution that will keep all your
workstations synched, go to http://www.kaska.demon.co.uk/
and download Tardis.

It can be run as either a service or an application and,
from one of the workstations, can broadcast the time
obtained at pre-set intervals from any one of 20-30 atomic
clock sites to the other workstations and the servers.

I have several clients using this with both Netware and
W2K networks.

pbnjr

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:09:35 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations
Oscar,
If you don't have access to the internet, then you can use the "old" standbye solution. Just create
a file on the "time server", then use ADIR() to get the file's date and time, then update the local
station to this value. Unless you have a very slow network, this is usually good enough. If you
actually need code, I'll post a routine I use.

Rick

Quote:

> Hi,

> is there some function to get the date and time from another workstation on
> the network?

> I want to get it so I can set the same date and time for a set of
> workstations

> thanks

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:05:03 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations
We put a WinSock UDP protocol into all of our applications.

We then have a sending application (on the server).

The sender does an API GetSystemTime and then broadcasts this string.

The applications Listeners, upon receipt of the string do an API
SetSystemTime with it.

How frequently you send the DateTime is up to you.

Andrew R.

Quote:
> Hi,

> is there some function to get the date and time from another workstation
on
> the network?

> I want to get it so I can set the same date and time for a set of
> workstations

> thanks

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:12:27 GMT
 synchronising time between workstations

Quote:
> Hi!

> net time \\computername / set

This is the solution we use, it runs in everyone's logon script and
synchronises the client time to a server which has a radio clock.
The master (radio) clock and some large displays came from
http://www.wharton.co.uk/ and compared to similar solutions seemed very
reasonably priced. There is a simple NT service that keeps the server's
clock synchronised with the master clock.
Because of logon time restrictions no workstation can be logged on over 24
hours so people's PC clocks are generally accurate to the second throughout
the day.
It works very well.

HTH
--
Andrew Howell

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:08:12 GMT

1. Synchronising time with Server

2. Synchronising Listbox

3. Date & Time stamping at compile time

4. Coverting time to sideral time

5. Synchronize Workstation's System Date & Time with NT 3.51 Server's

6. VFP 5.0 Active X problem on NT Workstation

7. VFP 5.0 Active-X problem on NT Workstation

8. Proper Workstation Configuration

9. Logging users off unattended workstations

10. IP Address of a workstation

11. File(s) held by workstation even program ended

12. FoxPro 2.5a and NT4 workstation