MessageBox Title...
Author Message
 MessageBox Title...

VFP 6.0

How to change the MessageBox Title (default "Microsoft Visual FoxPro")
to a different title for the Database Table's Record Validation (only
have Rule and Message boxes). I am using a Stored Procedure (FUNCTION)
to validate the record level.

Chuck

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:17:29 GMT
 MessageBox Title...

Quote:
> How to change the MessageBox Title (default "Microsoft Visual FoxPro")
> to a different title for the Database Table's Record Validation (only
> have Rule and Message boxes). I am using a Stored Procedure (FUNCTION)
> to validate the record level.

_SCREEN.Caption = "Hello world!"

- Rick C. Hodgin

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:58:33 GMT
 MessageBox Title...
Where do I put that? In the Stored Procedure? Will that then effect the
other messageboxes?

Chuck

Quote:
> _SCREEN.Caption = "Hello world!"

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:01:44 GMT
 MessageBox Title...

Quote:
> Where do I put that? In the Stored Procedure? Will that then effect the
> other messageboxes?

That is the one for the main visual foxpro window.  For all the other
windows you will have the caption item defined elsewhere (either in the form
designer's Caption property, or in the "TITLE <whatever>" option on the
creation of a window).

I would add it to the start of your main.prg (or whatever your top-level
program is called).  These are two things I do commonly whenever I write an
application.  These are performed on startup after all my SET commands.

_SCREEN.Caption = "Whatever this application is"
_SCREEN.WindowState = 2     && Maximized

- Rick C. Hodgin

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:10:07 GMT
 MessageBox Title...
This is documented in Help MESSAGEBOX
-Anders

Quote:
> VFP 6.0

> How to change the MessageBox Title (default "Microsoft Visual FoxPro")
> to a different title for the Database Table's Record Validation (only
> have Rule and Message boxes). I am using a Stored Procedure (FUNCTION)
> to validate the record level.

> Chuck

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 02:56:50 GMT
 MessageBox Title...

Quote:
>How to change the MessageBox Title (default "Microsoft Visual FoxPro")
>to a different title for the Database Table's Record Validation (only
>have Rule and Message boxes). I am using a Stored Procedure (FUNCTION)
>to validate the record level.

I wanted to apologize to everyone in this newsgroup for my posts on
this subject.  I completely misread what he was trying to do because I
skimmed what he wrote.  I caught a few words only and then hit reply.

I just wanted everyone to know that I wasn't trying to mislead him or
provide faulty information.

- Rick C. Hodgin

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:04:45 GMT
 MessageBox Title...
Try the following:
=Messagebox("This is a test message.",0,"This is my Caption")
 -- E. Myron
Quote:

>VFP 6.0

>How to change the MessageBox Title (default "Microsoft Visual FoxPro")
>to a different title for the Database Table's Record Validation (only
>have Rule and Message boxes). I am using a Stored Procedure (FUNCTION)
>to validate the record level.

>Chuck

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:12:24 GMT

1. messagebox() title text

2. Window title without title bar ?

3. Messagebox Text sizing

4. help button on messagebox

5. messagebox( )

6. MessageBox visual construction

7. Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)

8. Messageboxes - 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

9. Help with messagebox()?

10. messagebox option

11. Source for MESSAGEBOX() needed...

12. messagebox()