Building an EXE with just a simple .prg
Author Message
 Building an EXE with just a simple .prg

        I want to build an exe that can be called within a download script.
The exe I need is a simple program that appends data to different files. I
built in the necessary if's in case the file is not there. I don't want a
form. I don't want a window, just run the exe that has the program it and
exit out.

        Read a little bit about Automatic servers but did not fully
understand or could not implement it.

Rusty Gallo

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:00:51 GMT
 Building an EXE with just a simple .prg
For your project, create a config.fpw file.
In config.fpw put ...
SCREEN=OFF
Include config.fpw in your project.
Then compile your .exe
--
Roger Ansell

Quote:
>         I want to build an exe that can be called within a download script.
> The exe I need is a simple program that appends data to different files. I
> built in the necessary if's in case the file is not there. I don't want a
> form. I don't want a window, just run the exe that has the program it and
> exit out.

>         Read a little bit about Automatic servers but did not fully
> understand or could not implement it.

> Rusty Gallo

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:43:33 GMT

1. do form.scx in exe from prg outside of exe

2. Fox very slow running simple .PRG

3. Foxpro 2.5b not detecting any.prg when building an .APP

4. Sometimes I see build option Build Exe/Com, sometimes only exe, why?

5. Prg to exe

6. Prob: Can't run .prg file from within .exe for FPM

7. prg to exe

8. prg -> exe

9. Executing a prg from a stand alone exe

10. Can foxBASE+ compile prg to exe?

11. FPD 2.6 .exe issue - .prg compilation

12. How to turn small PRG to EXE