SQLconnect
Author Message
 SQLconnect

Hi

Does anybody know a way to connect to an access database without using the
Select Database Window. I can make the connection with CREATE CONNECTION and
get a handle for the connection with SQLCONNECT. But when I issue the
sqlconnect statement the Select Database Window is displayed. I don't want
my users to select the database. This is passed to
my program.

Thanks for any help.

Denis.

Tue, 11 May 2004 15:22:59 GMT
 SQLconnect
Denis,

You will need to create an ODBC data source that names the particular
Access database you want to connect to. In VFP, in the Connection
Designer, create a new connection. Up comes the ODBC dialog. Choose
System or User datasource, choose the Access driver, then choose the
Configure button where you can Select a particular database.

--

Cindy Winegarden  MCSD, Microsoft MVP

http://cindywinegarden.adsl.duke.edu

Quote:
> Hi

> Does anybody know a way to connect to an access database without
using the
> Select Database Window. I can make the connection with CREATE
CONNECTION and
> get a handle for the connection with SQLCONNECT. But when I issue
the
> sqlconnect statement the Select Database Window is displayed. I
don't want
> my users to select the database. This is passed to
> my program.

> Thanks for any help.

> Denis.

Tue, 11 May 2004 23:52:33 GMT

1. Urgent create connection and sqlconnect

2. SQLCONNECT()

3. fatal error with SQLEXEC() and SQLCONNECT()

4. SQLConnect() bug

5. Fatal error in SQLCONNECT()

6. SQLConnect brings up SQL Server Login Dialog

7. SQLCONNECT

8. SQLCONNECT and the ODBC Pop-Up Login Dialog Box

9. VFP8 SQLConnect() bug

10. SQLCONNECT() Problems

11. SQLCONNECT Problem

12. Fatal Error when connecting to SQL server through SQLCONNECT