Grid Combobox problem
Author Message
 Grid Combobox problem

I have a grid on a page of a pageframe. One of the grid columns contains a
combobox. When the combo gets the focus, it is highlighted (blue) but the text
disappears. I found that after a grid's aftercolchange event, the combos
listindex changes to 0 and the displayvalue changes to "", but I don't know why.
When the combo loses focus, it goes back to normal. In the grid's aftercolchange
event I can reset the combo.value to the correct table field and this fixes the
problem.

However, when a user selects a different list item in the combo, the problem
occurs again. But this time, I can't reset it because it seems to happen after
all events (when, message...) and there is no aftercolchange event in this case.

Why is this happening? Thanks!

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:32:24 GMT
 Grid Combobox problem
I'm not sure if this is you're whole problem, but I've found that the
combo box displays blank if it's current value isn't found in the list
of values to pick from.  If the values in the list are TRIM()'ed then
spaces on the end from the field in the table may cause it to show
blank....

I've personally found combo-boxes very difficult to get to work right.

Quote:
>I have a grid on a page of a pageframe. One of the grid columns contains a
>combobox. When the combo gets the focus, it is highlighted (blue) but the text
>disappears. I found that after a grid's aftercolchange event, the combos
>listindex changes to 0 and the displayvalue changes to "", but I don't know why.
>When the combo loses focus, it goes back to normal. In the grid's aftercolchange
>event I can reset the combo.value to the correct table field and this fixes the
>problem.

>However, when a user selects a different list item in the combo, the problem
>occurs again. But this time, I can't reset it because it seems to happen after
>all events (when, message...) and there is no aftercolchange event in this case.

>Why is this happening? Thanks!

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:50:43 GMT

1. HELP: VFP 5.0 grid, combobox problem

2. Please HELP!: Grid, ComboBox problem

3. Grid / ComboBox Problems

4. Problem with combobox and grids

5. Fabio Caputo (re-Combobox in a grid cell problem)

6. combobox in a grid cell problem

7. combobox in grid setfocus problem

8. Grid w/combobox problems

9. Grid w/combobox problems

10. Grid and Combobox

11. adding combobox control to grid?

12. changing grids by combobox displayvalue