vfp apps running simultaneously and communicating with each other
Author Message
 vfp apps running simultaneously and communicating with each other

Is there a trick or a way to let 2 VFP Executables "talk" to each other,
on the same PC ??
(OS: NT 4.0 with SP6, VFP 6 with SP5)

I don't want to make use of the cmd line, because both apps are running
simultaneously...

One would assume DDE would fit in well but I would like to know which
other ways exist..

Please, if this question is not clear, tell me.

Many thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Sven

Mon, 24 May 2004 19:47:10 GMT
 vfp apps running simultaneously and communicating with each other
Sven -

you could do it the same way I have two apps communicate with each other over a
network.

Set up a timer object and check a directory for a file every so often (ie:
every 10 seconds).  If the file exists your app could take action.  For
example, application one looks for a file called APP1 which would be a text
file / message to application one from any other application.  Use strtofile
and filetostr to read the file.

Regards,

Mike

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:04:38 GMT
 vfp apps running simultaneously and communicating with each other
Ole would be preferable to DDE, but would suggest looking at a (small) common
dbf for this.  Have each app monitor it's own record plus a common record for
changes and the app who want's to say something put's it there.

Beverly Howard

Tue, 25 May 2004 01:25:46 GMT

1. VFP and FPW2.6 running simultaneously

2. running 2.x and VFP screens simultaneously

3. Running VFP app as a hosted app in Internet Explorer

4. How Communicate between programs running on different workstations?

5. Cannot Run Simultaneously

6. How do I run a non-VFP app within VFP

7. running other vfp applications from a vfp app

8. running another app from my app?

9. How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0

10. Pls help, how to communicate with RS232 in VFP 3

11. VFP 5.0 app in Windows NT 4.0 does not run

12. Running a VFP app on 8 megs RAM