Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
Author Message
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.

Help!!! I uses windows NT . I created a n application and generated
executable program. Works on my machine speaking of speed but when i
distribute the .EXE and run it into another PC that have windows 3.1 ,
runs very slow i don't know why. I checked the users guide and look at
system configuration. Program Cache is one. I don't know how to set up
program cache.

Thanks..
Manny.....

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
What version of FoxPro?

--
Craig Berntson
Salt Lake City FoxPro User Group

Quote:

>Help!!! I uses windows NT . I created a n application and generated
>executable program. Works on my machine speaking of speed but when i
>distribute the .EXE and run it into another PC that have windows 3.1 ,
>runs very slow i don't know why. I checked the users guide and look at
>system configuration. Program Cache is one. I don't know how to set up
>program cache.

>Thanks..
>Manny.....

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
How much memory with  Windows 3.1 machine.  What chip 386, 486, Pentium?

Quote:

--

Business Technology Consultant
NB: remove ".NOSPAM" when replying

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
What version and are you going to and NT server 4.0 and doing thousands of
replaces.
What is slow.

Look at Malcomb R. Many Slow Foxpro articles in the FoxPro advisor
Do an athor seacrch last name is close
Rubin, Ruble something like that he is good.

Quote:

>Help!!! I uses windows NT . I created a n application and generated
>executable program. Works on my machine speaking of speed but when i
>distribute the .EXE and run it into another PC that have windows 3.1 ,
>runs very slow i don't know why. I checked the users guide and look at
>system configuration. Program Cache is one. I don't know how to set up
>program cache.

>Thanks..
>Manny.....

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
If you are using VFP 5 it shouldn't run in Win3.1 at all.  If you are using
VFP3, perhaps you've compiled it for the wrong platform.

--
Jon Wiest

Quote:

>Help!!! I uses windows NT . I created a n application and generated
>executable program. Works on my machine speaking of speed but when i
>distribute the .EXE and run it into another PC that have windows 3.1 ,
>runs very slow i don't know why. I checked the users guide and look at
>system configuration. Program Cache is one. I don't know how to set up
>program cache.

>Thanks..
>Manny.....

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro performance - Speed of access to program cache.
It is very unlikely that program cache is your problem.  What version of Foxpro
are you running and how much memory does the 3.1 machine have, also how much is
being used by smartdrive or any other disk cache program they are using?

Jacob Bruner
Classy Component

Quote:

>Help!!! I uses windows NT . I created a n application and generated
>executable program. Works on my machine speaking of speed but when i
>distribute the .EXE and run it into another PC that have windows 3.1 ,
>runs very slow i don't know why. I checked the users guide and look at
>system configuration. Program Cache is one. I don't know how to set up
>program cache.

>Thanks..
>Manny.....

Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. application performance and disk cache

2. Performance of Access 2.0 vs Foxpro 2.x

3. Best Caching Program For Foxpro2.5

4. Any performance strategies for accessing FoxPro files from Visual Basic

5. FoxPro vs. Access for ODBC query speed

6. Access vs Visual Foxpro - Flexibility and Speed

7. Speed up dialup access to Foxpro Appilcation?

8. VFP 3.0 release b, Any speed/performance improvements?

9. Can I access FoxPro environment from my program...?

10. FoxPro Win 2.6 Programs accessing CD drive

11. Foxpro,Ramdisk,and Disk Cache