VB & VFP - SQL Too Long
Author Message
 VB & VFP - SQL Too Long

I've seen many post regarding VB & VFP with the infamous "SQL Too
Long" error.  Yet, none of the post have actually demonstrated the
solution.  Does anybody actually know how to overcome this problem?
One post said to use SYS(3055,<some big number, like 2000) but how
does one execute that from VB using ADO?

Jeff.

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 03:19:34 GMT
 VB & VFP - SQL Too Long
Hi
Are you talking about the sql command. If so, the solution in VFP is to cut
it up into smaller strings of maximun 254 bytes. slq= "SELECt ---- -"+"FROM
....." +"WHERE ... "
-Anders

Quote:
> I've seen many post regarding VB & VFP with the infamous "SQL Too
> Long" error.  Yet, none of the post have actually demonstrated the
> solution.  Does anybody actually know how to overcome this problem?
> One post said to use SYS(3055,<some big number, like 2000) but how
> does one execute that from VB using ADO?

> Jeff.

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:14:18 GMT

1. SQL & VFP or VB

2. SQL & VFP or VB

3. VFP & VB BUGS

4. compare vfp & vb

5. VB & VFP

6. Tell me the difference VFP & VB

7. VFP vs VB and SQL Server experience ?

8. SQL Server with VFP or VB?

9. VB or VFP to SQL Server

10. Save long text into SQL Server

11. SQL statement too long for RowSource property....

12. VB & Foxpro