VFP5 OLE DLL on NT server
Author Message
 VFP5 OLE DLL on NT server

I'm trying to access FP2.6 tables on a Novell server through the web.

I'm using ASP and an OLE DLL written in VFP5 on an NT server.  The OLE
server is working like a charm when I use it on my workstation, but I'm
getting a "File in use by another user" error message whenever opening the
DBFs on the Novell server.  (Local DBFs are opening fine)   I'm testing on
a test set of data, and I'm positive that there is no other applications
using these files.  Yes, I've got full rights.  Yes, I've set exclusive
off, and use USE..SHARED.  I've messed with the data session both ways, and
tried both a mapped drive letter and "\\server\vol\dir" in the USE
statements.  Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP5 OLE DLL on NT server

JD,

I had the exact same problem, then I tried USE...Again, and I resolve the
problem. I think that when you compiled the project for multiple uses, VFP
only has one datasession.

Hope this would help

manop

Quote:

>I'm trying to access FP2.6 tables on a Novell server through the web.

>I'm using ASP and an OLE DLL written in VFP5 on an NT server.  The OLE
>server is working like a charm when I use it on my workstation, but I'm
>getting a "File in use by another user" error message whenever opening the
>DBFs on the Novell server.  (Local DBFs are opening fine)   I'm testing on
>a test set of data, and I'm positive that there is no other applications
>using these files.  Yes, I've got full rights.  Yes, I've set exclusive
>off, and use USE..SHARED.  I've messed with the data session both ways, and
>tried both a mapped drive letter and "\\server\vol\dir" in the USE
>statements.  Nothing seems to work.

>Any ideas?

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP5 OLE Server .DLL Opinions Please

2. FOX OLE server on 2 NT server

3. OLE Server DLL and Cannot Quit FoxPro

4. VFP5.0 App on an NT Server

5. Supressing Dialogs in VFP5.0 Remote OLE Server

6. Help on passing arrays from VFP5.0 OLE servers

7. Web server / ole automation using VFP5

8. Help - FPW2.6 on Win NT 4.0 or any NT server

9. Report form Win NT Server - NT workstation - VFP 5.0 Question

10. VFP5 EXE Calling VFP5 ActiveX Server Help

11. Load DLL fails with App using runtime Foxpro 2.6 on NT 4

12. OLE DLL with VFP6