close a single table
Author Message
 close a single table

Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
too.

How do I close a single free table?
I use some free tables to store default values etc.
When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
to close
other tables that might be open at the same time.

In Clipper I'd use something like
CLOSE "ALIAS"
or
DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
You close  table "alias"  with command :

USE IN "alias"

Igor Marko

Quote:

> Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
> things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
> too.

> How do I close a single free table?
> I use some free tables to store default values etc.
> When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
> to close
> other tables that might be open at the same time.

> In Clipper I'd use something like
> CLOSE "ALIAS"
> or
> DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
> but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

> Can anyone help me?

> Thanks in advance

> Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table

Quote:

> How do I close a single free table?
> I use some free tables to store default values etc.
> When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
> to close
> other tables that might be open at the same time.

> In Clipper I'd use something like
> CLOSE "ALIAS"
> or
> DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
> but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

USE IN "ALIAS"

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Quote:

>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>too.

>How do I close a single free table?
>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
>to close
>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>In Clipper I'd use something like
>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>or
>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>Can anyone help me?

>Thanks in advance

>Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
You can probably do anything in VFP you could do with Clipper,
but you will have to use a different technique or syntax.
Also, standing up and yelling "Does anyone know where the
F1 key is?" might help.  ;)

What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

Quote:

>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>too.

>How do I close a single free table?
>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
>to close
>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>In Clipper I'd use something like
>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>or
>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>Can anyone help me?

>Thanks in advance

>Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
Think you shouldn't be like this.

Remember you once started without knowing anything.

No one is a genius, we just try, i have developed various important app's
for pepole like Mitsubishi and Daewoo.

And even with that experience i have many doubts i frequently ask in these
groups.

Sorry, Couldn't resist either.

Quote:
>What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
>top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

>"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

>Sorry, just couldn't resist.

>>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>>too.

>>How do I close a single free table?
>>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
>>to close
>>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>>In Clipper I'd use something like
>>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>>or
>>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>>Can anyone help me?

>>Thanks in advance

>>Frans-Joseph Lamain

begin 666 Javier Schneider.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E-C:&YE:61E<CM*879I97(-
M"D9..DIA=FEE<B!38VAN96ED97(-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z;&1J
M<W) =&5L8V5L+FYE="YV90T*14U!24P[24Y415).150Z:F%V:65R7W-C:&YE
M:61E<D!H;W1M86EL+F-O;0T*4D56.C$Y.3DP,C$W5#$U,3<S,5H-"D5.1#I6
&0T%21 T*
`
end

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
Well said Javier
Quote:

>Think you shouldn't be like this.

>Remember you once started without knowing anything.

>No one is a genius, we just try, i have developed various important app's
>for pepole like Mitsubishi and Daewoo.

>And even with that experience i have many doubts i frequently ask in these
>groups.

>Sorry, Couldn't resist either.

>>What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
>>top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

>>"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

>>Sorry, just couldn't resist.

>>>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>>>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>>>too.

>>>How do I close a single free table?
>>>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>>>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't
want
>>>to close
>>>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>>>In Clipper I'd use something like
>>>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>>>or
>>>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>>>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>>>Can anyone help me?

>>>Thanks in advance

>>>Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
Sometimes we say things just to be a smart Aleck and
we are goofing around.  Hence the " ;) ".
I realize to many, a question might be overly simple,
but obviously the person who asked doesn't think so.
However, when someone assumes things are not possible,
they are usually wrong.  They just may not know an alternative.
That's why we insinuated they should try a couple of their
own resources before giving up and going here.
My apologies to Frans-Joseph Lamain if I seemed rude,
but it was a lighthearted attempt to brighten the day.

Think you shouldn't be like this.

Remember you once started without knowing anything.

No one is a genius, we just try, i have developed various important app's
for pepole like Mitsubishi and Daewoo.

And even with that experience i have many doubts i frequently ask in these
groups.

Sorry, Couldn't resist either.

Quote:
>What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
>top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

>"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

>Sorry, just couldn't resist.

>>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>>too.

>>How do I close a single free table?
>>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't want
>>to close
>>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>>In Clipper I'd use something like
>>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>>or
>>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>>Can anyone help me?

>>Thanks in advance

>>Frans-Joseph Lamain

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
Lighten up, my comment came from a famous "Dilbert" Cartoon.
It was meant as humor.

I don't care if people ask "How do you turn it on?" type questions,
but you can't expect me not to get a laugh out of it.  Otherwise, it's a
waist of my time, a substance I have precious little of.

Sometimes, people have to be made the {*filter*}of a joke before they
will adopt less of an "I can't figure it out by myself!" attitude.

Timothy Stamm

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
Hi all:

I understand sometimes we write some jokes, and of course, its more than
obvious that no one wants to hurt other here.

All i wanted is to have some respect for each other, but i comprehend jokes.

I think everything is OK.

And something is true.

We have to try solving our problems before asking for help. Sometimens we
have the solution in front of us, and we just don't see it.

See you all, and sorry if i hurted someone.  :)

Javier Schneider.

Quote:
>Sometimes we say things just to be a smart Aleck and
>we are goofing around.  Hence the " ;) ".
>I realize to many, a question might be overly simple,
>but obviously the person who asked doesn't think so.
>However, when someone assumes things are not possible,
>they are usually wrong.  They just may not know an alternative.
>That's why we insinuated they should try a couple of their
>own resources before giving up and going here.
>My apologies to Frans-Joseph Lamain if I seemed rude,
>but it was a lighthearted attempt to brighten the day.

>Think you shouldn't be like this.

>Remember you once started without knowing anything.

>No one is a genius, we just try, i have developed various important app's
>for pepole like Mitsubishi and Daewoo.

>And even with that experience i have many doubts i frequently ask in these
>groups.

>Sorry, Couldn't resist either.

>>What you do is pull your chair away from your desk and stand on
>>top of it.  Then look over the top of your cubical and yell:

>>"Anybody know how to read a manual?!!"

>>Sorry, just couldn't resist.

>>>Recently I've switched from Clipper to VFP6, I haven't encountered many
>>>things that are not possible in VFP, so I hope this problem can be solved
>>>too.

>>>How do I close a single free table?
>>>I use some free tables to store default values etc.
>>>When I'm done with it I don't like keeping the file open, but I don't
want
>>>to close
>>>other tables that might be open at the same time.

>>>In Clipper I'd use something like
>>>CLOSE "ALIAS"
>>>or
>>>DBCLOSEAREA ("ALIAS")
>>>but I haven't been able to find anyting like this in VFP

>>>Can anyone help me?

>>>Thanks in advance

>>>Frans-Joseph Lamain

begin 666 Javier Schneider.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..E-C:&YE:61E<CM*879I97(-
M"D9..DIA=FEE<B!38VAN96ED97(-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z;&1J
M<W) =&5L8V5L+FYE="YV90T*14U!24P[24Y415).150Z:F%V:65R7W-C:&YE
M:61E<D!H;W1M86EL+F-O;0T*4D56.C$Y.3DP,C$X5#$Y-#<S,UH-"D5.1#I6
&0T%21 T*
`
end

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 close a single table
No offence was taken, I had a good laugh about the reply, then figured out
how the manual works ;-), and found out I simply had been looking in all
places but the right one!

Frans-Joseph Lamain

Tue, 07 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help closing or deleteing a single table

2. How do you close a single free table?

3. many tables or single table

4. Closing project manager closes open tables -why?

5. Summing two tables into a single cross tab file

6. Printing Multiple Tables in a single report

7. Appending data into a single master table.......Help!!!!!!!!!!

8. 2 Controls, single table, 1 form

9. c0000005 when closing table

10. can't close tables with FOR loop

11. Close tables opened by query ?