List Box, I just can't win
Author Message
 List Box, I just can't win

I'm trying to use a list box but something is not right. My RowSourceType is '6
- Fields'. I'm using the SAMLES\DATA\PRODUCTS.DBF as test data. I use the List
Box Builder to create a column-formatted list. Both fields are CHARACTER type.

This is my RowSource:
prod_name, no_in_unit

Now, if change it to this:

Yet, if I do this:

Same goes for:
prod_name, no_in_unit +"ASDF"         && this doesn't work
prod_name +"ASDF", no_in_unit         && this does

It only works for the first field but not for the rest. Why?

This is most upsetting. I really need to use the list box in this fashion. I
tried to change my RowSourceType to '9 - Popup' and create a formatted string
using DEFINE POPUP PROMPT FIELD... . But! there are problems with that too:

1. I get funky arrows on the first and last rows (left-hand-side) that I can't
get rid of
2. PGUP does not work, it behaves identical to UPARROW (hello ?)

I've done this in FPD a million times over and never had a problem. Please tell
me this is a nightmare. I can't possibly design forms with out my list boxes.

I'm using 5.0a.

George Carden

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 List Box, I just can't win
Use SQL or a view as RowSource and bake your transform function into the
SELECT command.
-Anders

Quote:

>I'm trying to use a list box but something is not right. My RowSourceType
is '6
>- Fields'. I'm using the SAMLES\DATA\PRODUCTS.DBF as test data. I use the
List
>Box Builder to create a column-formatted list. Both fields are CHARACTER
type.

>This is my RowSource:
>prod_name, no_in_unit

>Now, if change it to this:

>Yet, if I do this:

>Same goes for:
>prod_name, no_in_unit +"ASDF"         && this doesn't work
>prod_name +"ASDF", no_in_unit         && this does

>It only works for the first field but not for the rest. Why?

>This is most upsetting. I really need to use the list box in this fashion.
>tried to change my RowSourceType to '9 - Popup' and create a formatted
string
>using DEFINE POPUP PROMPT FIELD... . But! there are problems with that too:

>1. I get funky arrows on the first and last rows (left-hand-side) that I
can't
>get rid of
>2. PGUP does not work, it behaves identical to UPARROW (hello ?)

>I've done this in FPD a million times over and never had a problem. Please
tell
>me this is a nightmare. I can't possibly design forms with out my list
boxes.

>I'm using 5.0a.

>George Carden

Fri, 13 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. List boxes in VFP 6.0 - selected property won't set in form's init

2. list box 2 based on list box 1

3. FRUSTRATION with list boxes in Fox Win

4. Lists won't let nav buttons control record pointer

5. My list boxes don't draw properly.

6. Populating List Box, you'd think it would be simple

7. List box's

8. VFP 7: Grid Combo Box won't keep selected item

9. VFP 5.0 - Combo box won't sort!

10. Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP

11. My Edit Box won't scroll

12. combo box won't display all items