Auto-increment Field in Foxpro
Author Message
 Auto-increment Field in Foxpro

Hi Moomin
Autogenerated primary keys are demonstrated in
VFP\SAMPLES\TASTRADE\DATA\TASTRADE.DBC
Look at the SETUP table, which contains the next key, and the Stored
Procedure NewID. The 'trigger'
is in the DEFAULT value of the PK column, which is Newid().
VFP supports update, delete and insert triggers but the autogenerated PK
values are not really examples of a Trigger. It's a Default function.

-Anders

Quote:

>I am installing a system for a Client on a Foxpro database. We
>currently have installation with Paradox, Interbase and Access all of
>which support (one way or another) auto-increment fields from within
>the database.

>Whenever a new record is inserted, an integer field is automatically
>given the next number.

>How do you do this in Foxpro? Are there such things as triggers?

>This is a Client/Server question, so example code of how you would do
>this from the Foxpro end would not work.

>Cheers

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Auto-increment Field in Foxpro

I am installing a system for a Client on a Foxpro database. We
currently have installation with Paradox, Interbase and Access all of
which support (one way or another) auto-increment fields from within
the database.

Whenever a new record is inserted, an integer field is automatically
given the next number.

How do you do this in Foxpro? Are there such things as triggers?

This is a Client/Server question, so example code of how you would do
this from the Foxpro end would not work.

Cheers

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Auto-increment Field in Foxpro

Hi,

Is the data in DBF format?

Ossama

Quote:

> I am installing a system for a Client on a Foxpro database. We
> currently have installation with Paradox, Interbase and Access all of
> which support (one way or another) auto-increment fields from within
> the database.

> Whenever a new record is inserted, an integer field is automatically
> given the next number.

> How do you do this in Foxpro? Are there such things as triggers?

> This is a Client/Server question, so example code of how you would do
> this from the Foxpro end would not work.

> Cheers

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. autoincrement field - Visual Foxpro database and ADO connection

2. Auto Increment Field

3. Auto-incrementing a primary key field

4. Auto Increment Field

5. Auto Increment Field

6. Auto-Incremented field

7. auto increment a field

8. auto-increment field

9. Auto Increment

10. Auto-Incrementing

11. Auto Incrementing Primary Key

12. How to make an auto-incrementing index