VFP and the web - search page
Author Message
 VFP and the web - search page

I am trying the search page wizard using VFP 5 to create a search page on my
web site.  I cannot get it to work though.  After getting the 3 files (htm,
htx and idc) what else should I do?  What files from VFP should I copy to my
site, to which directory?

I appreciate a hint

Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP and the web - search page
Hi Erwin.
It is difficult to answer your question shortly. The problems are connected
to questions of access to the data from Internet and the adjustments IIS
[Microsoft Menegement Concole, or analogue] (Execute [including script]
require(demand))
If you want for the beginning to look as it works, the first simple variant
consists in placing all necessary files in already accessible for Internet
the catalogue: for example: c:\Inetpub\scripts
You should there place the following files:
Vfpcgi.exe, Server.app, Querylog.dbf, Querylog.fpt, vfpis.ini (from
Vfp\Tools\Inetwiz\Server)
[ pay attention to adjustments in a file vfpis.ini (it is necessary all to
establish in C:\INETPUB\SCRIPTS\
)]
Place there and mentioned by you 3 files
I hope it will help you to begin
The best regards
Michael, Russia

P.S. You can also look my short article "Auto Start/Stop Visual FoxPro WWW
Data Server" on http://www.vfug.org/ (registration is free) in Newsletters,
December, 1998
---------------------

Quote:

>I am trying the search page wizard using VFP 5 to create a search page on
my
>web site.  I cannot get it to work though.  After getting the 3 files (htm,
>htx and idc) what else should I do?  What files from VFP should I copy to
my
>site, to which directory?

>I appreciate a hint

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating a VFP Foxpro Table from a Web Page via the VFP ODBC driver/ADO

2. dB Web Builder - Generate Web Pages from xBase Databases

3. VFP WEB Wizard and WEB Server links to the web

4. Page Paging Web Data Sets?

5. www search page wizard (vfp 6.0)

6. VFP Web Pages

7. Flaw Could Enable Web Page to Launch VFP 6 App (Q326568)

8. xBWEB08 VFP web page generator released

9. VFP and Web pages

10. REF: Request help on how to access database created in VFP from a WEB page

11. Browse a Web Page in VFP 5.0

12. VFP as a web page