Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP 
Author Message
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP

I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
(didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

What do you know about XP and 2.6?

Pete



Fri, 28 May 2004 18:33:12 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
FoxPro 2.6 for DOS runs just fine under Windows XP Pro at one of my
clients' sites.  No problem running but it took a little bit of doing
getting it configured properly with a PIF because XP no longer supports
configuring DOS applications on network drives.

I'm reasonably confident it would work on XP Home as well, and also
reasonably confident the Windows version of 2.6 would work.

Exactly what behavior are you seeing?

-S-

Quote:

> I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
> not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
> edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
> 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

> What do you know about XP and 2.6?

> Pete



Fri, 28 May 2004 22:23:30 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
I get this neet little  XP system error window and inside it says:  Divide by
Zero or Overflow Error

What is a PIF?

Pete

Quote:

> FoxPro 2.6 for DOS runs just fine under Windows XP Pro at one of my
> clients' sites.  No problem running but it took a little bit of doing
> getting it configured properly with a PIF because XP no longer supports
> configuring DOS applications on network drives.

> I'm reasonably confident it would work on XP Home as well, and also
> reasonably confident the Windows version of 2.6 would work.

> Exactly what behavior are you seeing?

> -S-


> > I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
> > not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
> > edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
> > 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> > (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

> > What do you know about XP and 2.6?

> > Pete



Fri, 28 May 2004 22:27:06 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
thanks... I figured out Properties are now called PIF's and the problem was it
must be run with 256 colors.  and then it works, but it sure plays havoc with
everything else on the screen outside Foxpro while Foxpro is running.  But at
least it works.

Cheers

Quote:

> I get this neet little  XP system error window and inside it says:  Divide by
> Zero or Overflow Error

> What is a PIF?

> Pete


> > FoxPro 2.6 for DOS runs just fine under Windows XP Pro at one of my
> > clients' sites.  No problem running but it took a little bit of doing
> > getting it configured properly with a PIF because XP no longer supports
> > configuring DOS applications on network drives.

> > I'm reasonably confident it would work on XP Home as well, and also
> > reasonably confident the Windows version of 2.6 would work.

> > Exactly what behavior are you seeing?

> > -S-


> > > I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
> > > not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
> > > edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
> > > 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> > > (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

> > > What do you know about XP and 2.6?

> > > Pete



Fri, 28 May 2004 23:09:41 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:33:12 -0700 in comp.databases.xbase.fox,

Quote:

> I'm running Foxpro
> 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

well, you do now!

isn't micro$oft fun?



Fri, 28 May 2004 23:19:06 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
Peter,
It sounds like you haven't applied the Fast CPU patch - go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/9/82.asp (or
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q240982) -
"PATCH: Patch_26.exe Fixes Divide by Zero Error on Fast Computers".

Rick


Quote:
> I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
> not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
> edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
> 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

> What do you know about XP and 2.6?

> Pete



Fri, 28 May 2004 23:23:35 GMT  
 Foxpro 2.6 does not run in Windows XP
We are running a FoxProW 2.6 app under XP and using whatever the
resolution is for everything else, High Color, probably.

-S-

Quote:

> thanks... I figured out Properties are now called PIF's and the problem was it
> must be run with 256 colors.  and then it works, but it sure plays havoc with
> everything else on the screen outside Foxpro while Foxpro is running.  But at
> least it works.

> Cheers


> > I get this neet little  XP system error window and inside it says:  Divide by
> > Zero or Overflow Error

> > What is a PIF?

> > Pete


> > > FoxPro 2.6 for DOS runs just fine under Windows XP Pro at one of my
> > > clients' sites.  No problem running but it took a little bit of doing
> > > getting it configured properly with a PIF because XP no longer supports
> > > configuring DOS applications on network drives.

> > > I'm reasonably confident it would work on XP Home as well, and also
> > > reasonably confident the Windows version of 2.6 would work.

> > > Exactly what behavior are you seeing?

> > > -S-


> > > > I just upgraded to Windows XP home edition and found that Foxpro does
> > > > not run in this OS.  Does anyone know if it works in XP Professional
> > > > edition?  How about ME.  I just came up from 98SE.  I'm running Foxpro
> > > > 2.6 which I realize not many people use anymore, but I like it and don't
> > > > (didn't) need to upgrade to Visual Foxpro yet.

> > > > What do you know about XP and 2.6?

> > > > Pete



Sat, 29 May 2004 00:54:46 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. FPW 2.5 Print in COM1 does not run in Windows XP

2. Error Running FoxPro for Windows 2.6 in Windows 98

3. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

4. foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

5. FOXPRO 2.6 PRINTING IN WINDOWS XP

6. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP

7. Foxpro 2.6 and Windows XP?

8. Migrating Foxpro 2.5 from Novell 3.2 to a windows 200 server environment on windows XP

9. Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

10. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS Running on WIndows 95 OSR2

11. foxpro 2.6 for windows wont run on win 2000

12. VFP Run Properly Under Windows XP???

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software