XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
Author Message
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

Has anyone noticed any problems with with VFP/sp3 applications and Word (in
office XP) running at the same time?  One of my clients has a problem when
running both programs at the same time - both programs sometimes just stop
responding.

Thanks

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:43:33 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
Whoops, I meant for that post to be in my other thread.

Sorry.

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:01:47 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
I would really like to use the common dialog to print rich text from some of
these new printers (like the HP 4100 series and also some Sharps and other
printers that have automatic staple capability and other features).

I have narrowed it down to where the common dialog is definitely the problem
and not the Text Control.  In most situations, the common dialog is generating
an hdc value of zero.  They will then try to print the document again and again
until it finally returns an hdc.  I can't just put it in a loop until it
finally returns a nonzero value because the dialog will continue to be
displayed again and again when they try to print.  Does anyone have any idea
why the common dialog is doing that?  Should I look for another common dialog?
I have VFP 6/sp3.

Thanks

Mike

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:01:22 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
Mike,
Is this VFP 5.0 (SP3)? or VFP 6.0 (SP3)? How much memory on this system?
Anything else running? Virus Checker?

Rick

Quote:
> Has anyone noticed any problems with with VFP/sp3 applications and Word
(in
> office XP) running at the same time?  One of my clients has a problem when
> running both programs at the same time - both programs sometimes just stop
> responding.

> Thanks

> Mike

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:22:25 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
VFP 6/SP3.  I believe there is 256K and yes Norton Corporate Edition.

Thanks.

Quote:
>Subject: Re: XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

>Date: 8/4/2002 11:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Mike,
>Is this VFP 5.0 (SP3)? or VFP 6.0 (SP3)? How much memory on this system?
>Anything else running? Virus Checker?

>Rick

Mike

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:38:10 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP
Mike,
Other than I'm using the fact that I'm using SP5 for VFP 6.0, and I have 512
MB memory, and I use the System Works version of Norton, I have a similar
setup and am having no problems. Is the version of Norton CE "qualified" for
XP? I know our corporate version wasn't, and while we have it running just
fine on NT, 2000, 95 and 98 systems, our couple XP machines don't use it.

Are you doing any Word automation? I know some have reported some changes
were necessary fo Word XP (version 10) compared to previous versions.

Rick

Quote:
> VFP 6/SP3.  I believe there is 256K and yes Norton Corporate Edition.

> Thanks.

> >Subject: Re: XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

> >Date: 8/4/2002 11:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time

> >Mike,
> >Is this VFP 5.0 (SP3)? or VFP 6.0 (SP3)? How much memory on this system?
> >Anything else running? Virus Checker?

> >Rick

> Mike

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 04:39:18 GMT
 XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

Quote:
>Other than I'm using the fact that I'm using SP5 for VFP 6.0,
> and I have 512 MB memory, and I use the System Works
> version of Norton, I have a similar setup and am having no problems

This particular client of mine is having the problem on XP but I'm not positive
about the memory - I will have to check with their consultant.  It only seems
to be a problem when BOTH office XP with Word and my application are running
simutaneously.

Quote:
>. Is the version of Norton CE "qualified" for XP? I know our corporate version

wasn't, and while we have it running just fine on NT, 2000, 95 and 98 systems,
our couple XP machines don't use it.

I'll have to check into that.  Are you saying there is Norton CE specifically
for XP?

Quote:
>Are you doing any Word automation?

My application allows for it but that is not where the problem is because this
client is not using that feature in my application.

Thanks.

Mike

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:00:47 GMT

1. How To Connect Visual FoxPro 7 Data Source to Word 2002 (or Office XP Applications)

2. Office XP toolbar icons

3. VFP 6.0 and XP

4. VFP command not work in windows XP

5. VFP 7.0, Windows 98, Windows XP

6. Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP

7. Graphics Server VFP 5 and Win XP

8. Input Chinese Characters with VFP 6 Chinese Edition under Windows XP Chinese Pro

9. Function Keys in XP and VFP

10. VFP/VBA/WordMerge/XP

11. Windows XP and VFP 3.0

12. XP HE/W2000/VFP 6.0