How to Change Icon?
Author Message
 How to Change Icon?

I'm using VFP5.0 to develop MIS application,
however, I really don't like my application
always got a fox head as its icon.

I haven't find where to change it yet, can you
give me a hand?

Thank you very much.

Hunt Black

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

_SCREEN.Icon = "MyIcon.ico"

--

Perry Watkins
LMJ Technologies

http://www.lmj.com
Home of Netdata
Adding the Internet to your Applications

Quote:
> I'm using VFP5.0 to develop MIS application,
> however, I really don't like my application
> always got a fox head as its icon.

> I haven't find where to change it yet, can you
> give me a hand?

> Thank you very much.

> Hunt Black

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

If you set the _SCREEN.Icon in your main program, you can add the line

        Thisform.Icon = _Screen.Icon

To the Init event of your forms to get the same Icon on your forms too.

Brian Faqruhar
United Arab Shipping Co., Singapore

Quote:

> _SCREEN.Icon = "MyIcon.ico"

> --

> Perry Watkins
> LMJ Technologies

> http://www.lmj.com
> Home of Netdata
> Adding the Internet to your Applications

> > I'm using VFP5.0 to develop MIS application,
> > however, I really don't like my application
> > always got a fox head as its icon.

> > I haven't find where to change it yet, can you
> > give me a hand?

> > Thank you very much.

> > Hunt Black

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

Also attach the icon in the Project Manager information dialog!

Quote:
> I'm using VFP5.0 to develop MIS application,
> however, I really don't like my application
> always got a fox head as its icon.

> I haven't find where to change it yet, can you
> give me a hand?

> Thank you very much.

> Hunt Black

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

I tried as said in the answers, partly it worked.
When I choose my application and press right button
of mouse, I can see the icon on the left top of the
property window changed, and if I drag the file to
desktop, the shortcut icon changed to my own.

However, the icon in front of the EXE file in My Computer
seems to remain. I encounter the similar thing in VC,
that's because I didn't save to update the RES file.
Here in VFP I guess the situation is quite the same,
but where can I find and save the RES file?

Thanks a lot and hoping...

Hunt Black

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

You need to use the Imagedit.exe utility that comes with VFP.  It is located
in the Imagedit directory under your VFP directory.

You need to create one icon file that contains both a 32x32 icon which is
used for display on the desktop and a 16x16 icon that is used for the
Explorer display.

If you already have an icon file you are using, you can open it in Imagedit,
then from the menu select Edit and then select New Image.  In the New Image
display box, choose the 16x16 icon setting.  You can cut and paste between
the two images by selecting the image from the Icon Image dropdown list at
the top of the screen.

When you save your new icon, it will contain both size icons. Once you build
it into your application, Windows will determine which one to display in the
appropriate places.

--
Henry W. Petry IV
Petry Software Group

(Remove the ~ before sending e-mail)

Quote:

>I tried as said in the answers, partly it worked.
>When I choose my application and press right button
>of mouse, I can see the icon on the left top of the
>property window changed, and if I drag the file to
>desktop, the shortcut icon changed to my own.

>However, the icon in front of the EXE file in My Computer
>seems to remain. I encounter the similar thing in VC,
>that's because I didn't save to update the RES file.
>Here in VFP I guess the situation is quite the same,
>but where can I find and save the RES file?

>Thanks a lot and hoping...

>Hunt Black

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

Quote:

> I tried as said in the answers, partly it worked.
> When I choose my application and press right button
> of mouse, I can see the icon on the left top of the
> property window changed, and if I drag the file to
> desktop, the shortcut icon changed to my own.

> However, the icon in front of the EXE file in My Computer
> seems to remain. I encounter the similar thing in VC,
> that's because I didn't save to update the RES file.
> Here in VFP I guess the situation is quite the same,
> but where can I find and save the RES file?

> Thanks a lot and hoping...

> Hunt Black

Hey Hunt,

In the build screen for the EXE, there is a button that says Icon.
*this* icon is for your EXE icon in the desktop/explorer view. Ensure
that the icon file has both a 16x16 (small icon) and a 32x32 (large)
icon so that whichever option a user has selected appears the way you
want it.

HIH

Regards
Marc

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to Change Icon?

I'm so glad that finally it works! :)

Thanks a lot for all who gave me instructions.

Hunt Black

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to change icon in FPW26

2. treeview / imagelist: change Icons at runtime

3. How Dynamically Change ICON Name

4. How to change icon? (Fox 2.6 for Windows)

5. Icon changes to standard icon

6. Change GETDIR() icon????

7. Changing internal icon file for EXE

8. FPW 2.6 Dist Kit Icon Change