Join
Author Message
 Join

I am having trouble using the join clause in my select statement.  I have
used the statement with and without the join and with all four
implementations of the join.  I always seem to get all records in the right
database for every record in the left database which sounds like a full
join.  Is this an indication that the ON clause is not being met?  Any help
out there on this one?

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Join

Hi Steve,

If all the keys in table A are present in table B and all the keys in B are
present in A, one or more times, then there will be no difference between a
JOIN, LEFT JOIN , RIGHT JOIN or FULLJOIN result set.
It's only when some keys are missing from the table that the outer join
clause points to that there's a difference;

-Anders

Quote:

>I am having trouble using the join clause in my select statement.  I have
>used the statement with and without the join and with all four
>implementations of the join.  I always seem to get all records in the right
>database for every record in the left database which sounds like a full
>join.  Is this an indication that the ON clause is not being met?  Any help
>out there on this one?

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Left outer join=left join?

2. Multiple OUTER Joins

3. SQL JOIN Experts !

4. Help: SQL, Outer Join, Memo Fields

5. Outer Join

6. How to adding joins to query or views

7. problem with joins in view-designer VFP6.0

8. Q: Joining 2 tables with SELECT-SQL

9. Q: Joining two tables

10. Outer Joins in FP2.6

11. Missing records when using JOIN-statement

12. Outer joins in VFP 3 ?