Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin
Author Message
 Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

I need to set the printer into portrait and landscape modes from a FoxWin
program, which then uses the undocmented SET PRINT FONT command to create
a custom report.

I found SYS(1037) which brings up a printer setup dialog in FoxWin 2.6.
However, I need to set the page orientation without manual intervention.
Is there any way to make an external call to set the printer mode?
What is this command I've seen in other posts which can call arbitrary
Windows functions, and what function should I call?

--

                  bbm at Cleveland Freenet

Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:33:47 GMT
 Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

Quote:

>  I need to set the printer into portrait and landscape modes from a FoxWin
>  program, which then uses the undocmented SET PRINT FONT command to create
>  a custom report.
(...)

Try doing it with DDE. I think you can do it that way.

* G.A.P. Lda

* Instalamos todo o tipo de redes:
* Ethernet, Token Ring, Fibra ptica, Bull Cabling System, IBM Cabling System ...

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:27:07 GMT
 Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

Quote:

>I need to set the printer into portrait and landscape modes from a FoxWin
>program, which then uses the undocmented SET PRINT FONT command to create
>a custom report.

>I found SYS(1037) which brings up a printer setup dialog in FoxWin 2.6.
>However, I need to set the page orientation without manual intervention.
>Is there any way to make an external call to set the printer mode?
>What is this command I've seen in other posts which can call arbitrary
>Windows functions, and what function should I call?

>--

>                  bbm at Cleveland Freenet

If you are using the report writer then you can select the page orentation from
the layout option in the Report drop down menu.  If on the other hand you are
writing code to create the report then you can control the printer by sending the
printer code from your program.  One way is to use the ??? command which
will send the code following it directly to the printer ??? chr(27) + '&l1O' should
set an HP laser jet to landscape mode.

Val

Fri, 21 Mar 1997 23:30:00 GMT

1. Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait

2. Mixed Portrait and Landscape Report

3. printing portrait instead of landscape

4. landscape and portrait

5. portrait vs. landscape print problem

6. landscape prints portrait

7. printing error - landscape vs. portrait

8. FPW 2.6 portrait/landscape

9. Setting printer to landscape in a program

10. need help to start landscape printing from report program in FPD2.6

11. Control Printer output tray in Foxpro program

12. Foxwin question on PRINTER PROMPT