Installer Q.
Author Message
 Installer Q.

I have created and installed a VFP 7 app that I created. My problem is that
I deleted the app off my pc by accident and this is where my problem begins.

In W2K, I go to Add Remove Programs and it will not let me remove the app.
It (the installation program of my app) will not let me reinstall the
software either. It states that it needs to be removed first. What do I do?

Jonathan M*

http://www.*-*-*.com/ The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 05:32:46 GMT
 Installer Q.
Let the installer repair the installation (if it can).  Then remove app as
usual.  I did the same thing a while back.

Quote:
> I have created and installed a VFP 7 app that I created. My problem is
that
> I deleted the app off my pc by accident and this is where my problem
begins.

> In W2K, I go to Add Remove Programs and it will not let me remove the app.
> It (the installation program of my app) will not let me reinstall the
> software either. It states that it needs to be removed first. What do I
do?

> Jonathan M*

News==----
Newsgroups

=---

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:03:06 GMT
 Installer Q.
If the application is twidderpated, you need to edit the registry by hand...

Delete the key you need under :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

IT's actually pretty neat, you can change which buttons appear
(change/remove, etc) through adding keys in here.

Merry Christmas,

Tim McKay

Quote:
> I have created and installed a VFP 7 app that I created. My problem is
that
> I deleted the app off my pc by accident and this is where my problem
begins.

> In W2K, I go to Add Remove Programs and it will not let me remove the app.
> It (the installation program of my app) will not let me reinstall the
> software either. It states that it needs to be removed first. What do I
do?

> Jonathan M*

News==----
Newsgroups

=---

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 06:12:26 GMT

1. Installer Program?

2. I need to make a setup (installer) for this

3. Installer for FPD & FPW apps

4. Installers

5. VisualStudio Installer and VFP run-time

6. VS Installer's merge modules for VFP run-time

7. MS Visual Studio Installer 1.1 Problem creating shortcut to exe

8. Windows Installer

9. Visual Studio Installer

10. Visual Studio Installer Merge Module for VFP

11. Distributing exe with non-MS installer

12. Self Installer