URGENT!!! FOXPro 2.5 DOS Question
Author Message
 URGENT!!! FOXPro 2.5 DOS Question

I have 2 small databases with a common field BIRDCODE. The bird database
has info on different bird species, the observation database has field
observation data by site, date and bird species etc.
I am trying to create a data entry form with data validation for the
observation database. Everything works fine using the appgen except for
2 things:
I want to open the bird database first and read the BIRDCODE values into an
array. Then open the observation database for data entry. When it gets to
the BIRDCODE field the data entry person will enter the code. Now this
entry should be validated against the array and if the value is not in
the array then an error message should appear. The data entry person
should then reenter the code. If everything ok then go on the next field.
How can I attach the code I have written to open the bird database and
read values into an array to my application? I need to use the array
values in the birdcode data validation step.

Thanks for your responses in advance!

Gyula

PS.: It is for a project I am working on and I am running out of time.

Mon, 15 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 URGENT!!! FOXPro 2.5 DOS Question
Quote:
> I have 2 small databases with a common field BIRDCODE. The bird database
> has info on different bird species, the observation database has field
> observation data by site, date and bird species etc.
> I am trying to create a data entry form with data validation for the
> observation database. Everything works fine using the appgen except for
> 2 things:
> I want to open the bird database first and read the BIRDCODE values into an
> array. Then open the observation database for data entry. When it gets to
> the BIRDCODE field the data entry person will enter the code. Now this
> entry should be validated against the array and if the value is not in
> the array then an error message should appear. The data entry person
> should then reenter the code. If everything ok then go on the next field.
> How can I attach the code I have written to open the bird database and
> read values into an array to my application? I need to use the array
> values in the birdcode data validation step.
> Thanks for your responses in advance!
> Gyula
> PS.: It is for a project I am working on and I am running out of time.

Mon, 15 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Urgent help: Foxpro 2.5 for DOS, Win95 workstation, TTS on Novell 4.10

2. A couple of FoxPro 2.5 (DOS) questions...

3. Converting FOXPRO 2.5 DOS to 2.6 WIN question...

4. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

5. FoxPro 2.5 DOS COM Port I/O Question

6. Blast from the past - FOXR.EXE question FOXPRO 2.5 DOS

7. FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

8. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

9. Foxpro 2.5 Dos and Foxpro 2.6 Windows

10. set century on problem with FoxPro DOS 2.5 and FoxPro Win 2.6a

11. Upgrading from Foxpro 2.5 (DOS) to Visual Foxpro

12. Fox 2.5 DOS password question