Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question
Author Message
 Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question

Hello all,

        If this is a dumb question, I apologize. I am very new
to Foxpro and databases in general. i was tasked with writting
many databases and managed to get a copy of foxpro 2.5 for
windows (will upgrade it in the near future).

        My problem, I created a screen so that data can be
viewed and added. Unfortunately, everytime the screen comes
up the menu itmes of "databses" and "records" are inaccessible.
making queries and searches impossible. All I have is the
Foxpro 2.5 manuals and no one else who knows Foxpro. What
can be done? I would like to be able to search, query and
even print the results...

HELP a newbie!
--
St?phane Larochelle

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question

Quote:

> Hello all,

>         If this is a dumb question, I apologize. I am very new
> to Foxpro and databases in general. i was tasked with writting
> many databases and managed to get a copy of foxpro 2.5 for
> windows (will upgrade it in the near future).

>         My problem, I created a screen so that data can be
> viewed and added. Unfortunately, everytime the screen comes
> up the menu itmes of "databses" and "records" are inaccessible.
> making queries and searches impossible. All I have is the
> Foxpro 2.5 manuals and no one else who knows Foxpro. What
> can be done? I would like to be able to search, query and
> even print the results...

> HELP a newbie!
> --
> St?phane Larochelle

Just a wild guess...
If the screen you created is modal, you would not be allowed to click on
anything outside of the screen window.  Is this what you mean?  If so,
re-generate the screen with the "modal" feature unchecked.

Regards,
David Nason

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question

You need to create your own search routines, etc. and your own menu. Also,
did you make the screen MODAL? A modal screen will disable all menu
options.
--
Craig Berntson
Salt Lake City Fox User Group

Quote:
> Hello all,

>    If this is a dumb question, I apologize. I am very new
> to Foxpro and databases in general. i was tasked with writting
> many databases and managed to get a copy of foxpro 2.5 for
> windows (will upgrade it in the near future).

>    My problem, I created a screen so that data can be
> viewed and added. Unfortunately, everytime the screen comes
> up the menu itmes of "databses" and "records" are inaccessible.
> making queries and searches impossible. All I have is the
> Foxpro 2.5 manuals and no one else who knows Foxpro. What
> can be done? I would like to be able to search, query and
> even print the results...

> HELP a newbie!
> --
> St?phane Larochelle

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Foxprow 2.5 newbie, again...

2. Dumb newbie question

3. Dumb newbie question about @get ... popup

4. dumb newbie question

5. newbie question, FP 2.5 D

6. newbie question, FP 2.5 DOS

7. Newbie questions(2) for Foxpro 2.5 on Mac

8. @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

9. Strange FoxProw 2.5/WFW problem

10. WIN3.1 printing from FoxProW 2.5

11. Printing multipage reports using FoxproW 2.5 on Lantastic/Workgroup

12. foxprow 2.5 & win2k