Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0
Author Message
 Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

Our system currently using visual foxpro version 3.0
within windows 98 environment. It run smoothly for more
than 3 years.
The problem is, now we have to change our computers which
are using windows XP. After key in some transactions in
the system, this message will appear 'Not enough memory to
complete this operation'
I tried to convert the programs using visual foxpro
version 7.0 but there are many error messages appear.

Please help us. tq

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:09:38 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

nurbaya,
How much memory does this system have? VFP 3.0 has a limitation of 512 MB,
and 3.0b has a limitation of 768 MB of RAM. See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q137/8/09.ASP - "FIX:
Insufficient Memory on a Computer That Has 512MB of RAM" for more info.

Your upgrade to VFP 7.0 IS the best solution. While you may have a lot of errors there are really
only a few types of problems, and these should be able to be fixed quickly.

Rick

Quote:
> Our system currently using visual foxpro version 3.0
> within windows 98 environment. It run smoothly for more
> than 3 years.
> The problem is, now we have to change our computers which
> are using windows XP. After key in some transactions in
> the system, this message will appear 'Not enough memory to
> complete this operation'
> I tried to convert the programs using visual foxpro
> version 7.0 but there are many error messages appear.

> Please help us. tq

Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:09:28 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0
May be this link will help you

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q179287

Leonid

Quote:
> Our system currently using visual foxpro version 3.0
> within windows 98 environment. It run smoothly for more
> than 3 years.
> The problem is, now we have to change our computers which
> are using windows XP. After key in some transactions in
> the system, this message will appear 'Not enough memory to
> complete this operation'
> I tried to convert the programs using visual foxpro
> version 7.0 but there are many error messages appear.

> Please help us. tq

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:26:31 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

the system require less than 128 MB of memory. It is more
than enough using VFP 3.0 and it already run smoothly in
window 98 with lower memory. The problems arise only when
the system installed in XP workstations. The system for
that w/s does not have any transactions or less than 100
record because user have just begin key in the data.

Will the problem solve when i upgrade to VFP 3.0 or 7.0
without a lot to change. If there are any changes, will u
list out the changes.

thanks for any help.

Quote:

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:23:28 GMT
 Not enough memory to complete this operation - vfp 3.0

If you are suggesting that the XP systems only have 128MB, then you really may need more memory -
I've yet to see a usable XP system with less than 256MB. (Usable being defined as one that has one
or more major applications being able to run, as well as all the background tasks.)

As always, conversion problems will depend on how the code was written in the first place. There are
things like:
Not being able to do setfocus() in When() or Valid() clauses - VFP 5.0.
Strict date handling (from the Y2K mania) introduced in VFP 6.0.
Tighter syntax in variable declarations in 7.0.
And, of course the potential for newly added system keywords (functions and commands) that might
conflict with your own procedures (and the occasional minor change to the parameter list or output
from certain functions) - in all the upgraded versions. Many of the FoxTools (and some WinAPI)
functions have been move to native functions in each of the upgrades.

For more details, you'll have to see the "What's New" section of the help files of 5.0, 6.0, 6.0 SP3
and 7.0. (There are way too many details to list here - the outlines and expanded info go to many,
many pages for each release. There was a whole book written on the 6.0 SP3 to 7.0 changes!) Many of
the problems will be evident with a simple "Compile All" of the project, but others will require
some testing to find the changed behavior "problems".

Rick

Quote:

> the system require less than 128 MB of memory. It is more
> than enough using VFP 3.0 and it already run smoothly in
> window 98 with lower memory. The problems arise only when
> the system installed in XP workstations. The system for
> that w/s does not have any transactions or less than 100
> record because user have just begin key in the data.

> Will the problem solve when i upgrade to VFP 3.0 or 7.0
> without a lot to change. If there are any changes, will u
> list out the changes.

> thanks for any help.

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:13:21 GMT

1. VFP7 will not open (There is not enough memory to complete this operation)

2. not enough memory to complete this operation

3. error - There is not enough memory to complete operation

4. Not enough memory to complete operation

5. There is not enough memory to complete this operation

6. Not enough memory to complete operation...

7. VFP 3.0 - Not enough memory for this operation!?

8. Not enough memory to complete this task

9. Not enough memory error message - but there is plenty of memory

10. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

11. "There is not enough memory to complete this operation"

12. VFP 6.0 and Excel 2000 not enough memory