Long Field Names in SQL Query
Author Message
 Long Field Names in SQL Query

I am using a ODBC driver to connect to foxpro tables.  The tables have long
field names, but the driver doesn't support long field names.  Does anybody
know how to use long file names in transact sql query.

cnn = "DSN=Visual FoxPro
Tables;UID=;PWD=;SourceDB=C:\DATABASECopy;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;Backgr
oundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"

"Select LongFieldName From Table.dbf"

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 04:17:10 GMT
 Long Field Names in SQL Query

Quote:
> I am using a ODBC driver to connect to foxpro tables.  The tables have
long
> field names, but the driver doesn't support long field names.  Does
anybody
> know how to use long file names in transact sql query.

> cnn = "DSN=Visual FoxPro

Tables;UID=;PWD=;SourceDB=C:\DATABASECopy;SourceType=DBF;Exclusive=No;Backgr

Quote:
> oundFetch=Yes;Collate=Machine;Null=Yes;Deleted=Yes;"

> "Select LongFieldName From Table.dbf"

FoxPro table may have long field names only if it is included in some DBC
container, so you have to use connection not to "Visual FoxPro Tables" but
to "Visual FoxPro Database".

WBR, Igor

Sat, 09 Oct 2004 23:54:16 GMT

1. ODBC and truncation of long field names

2. Long field names

3. Long Field Names

4. Long field names from XML code

5. long field names in oracle remote view

6. VFP 3 and long field names

7. Views and Long Field Names

8. how copy a table with long field name

9. Long field names

10. Long field names

11. Long fields names

12. Short path names instead of long names